Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Really pleased for him. Must be absolutely buzzing tonight. First Premier League start for two years, gets a goal. Pleased for him. If we play wing-backs again I’d give him another shot.

Yup, seems an affable lad too.

Seems like one of the few times we've loaned somebody out and actually brought them back into the team. It's been bad timing for him, he signed when Rafa wasn't getting much money to spend yet we spent £12m on him and he was nowhere near ready for Premier League football. I love that he researched Patricio on free kicks, not sure if that's the done thing or not but fair play, ultimately got us a point.

I think he’s made a place for himself now at this point. That ball in for Wilson was better than the goal, it’s exactly the service our wide players should be giving the forwards.

Did well, a bright point in an otherwise dull game that could have been worse for us.

Refreshing to see him take on players yesterday. So far this season its basically only been ASM who dares to dribble. I think the players know that we only have a chance to pick up points if we dont concede more than 1 goal so they are afraid to take chances going forward.

Definitely a case for him to be in the starting 11 in the RWB role. Confident on the ball and loved how he cut in and tried to play it forward rather than just the easy ball to Schar.

Harsh on Manquillo imo and krafth was actually playing well before this. Murphy is certainly worse defensively than both but incredible to see the difference in his confidence from under Rafa. He is taking players on and getting past them or keeping posession. Fair play to him, last season obviously helped and he was up there for MOTM for me today.

He was okay, which apparently is the new 'good'. I still think we're knackered if we're relying on the likes of him. His decision making is woeful and often just runs head first into the oppo like a weak battering ram. Manquillo will always take the safe option and generally not attempt the take on but recycle posession. We've got a choice of two 6 / 10's for the position of RWB tbh.

I didn't think this lad was going to make the grade, but he's found a good role as a RWB. He always looks like he wants to make things happen and it's good to have that sort of positive thinking in the team.

The last two games, we've looked much more confident and relaxed.