Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

1 hour ago, OCK said:

English, good character, will do his best regardless, doesn't seem to kick up a mess if he isn't playing, but seemingly works hard to prove his worth. Ticks homegrown box, versitile, good cover, starting in cup competitions, etc. Was here when it was shit, so knows the good/bad times at the club. Cheaper than spending money on bringing in someone who might upset the atmosphere. 

and unlike some of the other 30 something’s in our team he actually has bags of pace and strength. 

6 hours ago, OCK said:

English, good character, will do his best regardless, doesn't seem to kick up a mess if he isn't playing, but seemingly works hard to prove his worth. Ticks homegrown box, versitile, good cover, starting in cup competitions, etc. Was here when it was shit, so knows the good/bad times at the club. Cheaper than spending money on bringing in someone who might upset the atmosphere. 

You get no arguments from me on those points, but his contract isn't up until another 4 years as it stands. My main point was I don't see the reason why we would extend that duration to 5. He'll be 34 when the new contract is up. Why would the club want to carry those improved wages for another season when we (hopefully) are in a position where he will be nowehere near even being on the bench? By that time you'd hope we can also start harvesting the fruits of an improve youth setup as well so we aren't in danger of not meeting any kind of quotas for competitions.

Absolutely zero chance whatsoever. He’s at his boyhood club, living his dreams, happy being a bit player player/meme legend. He’s not jumping ship to tinpoint clubs like that. With our injury crisis as well there’s not a chance we’d even pick up the phone. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All gone a bit quiet on him. Think his timescales were mid to late January for a return when he had his op. Maybe one of the ones Howe was referring to for being back after the winter break?

2 minutes ago, NSG said:

All gone a bit quiet on him. Think his timescales were mid to late January for a return when he had his op. Maybe one of the ones Howe was referring to for being back after the winter break?

Happened in early November and I think 3 months was mentioned so hopefully back by early next month

• 3 weeks later...