Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Persisting with Murphy and Almiron at RW over the last 3 seasons has been tragic. 

I don't fault the players for their expected poor performances but rather the scouts/management for not rectifying such a glaring issue.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

I genuinely can't even describe that performance - he was awful yet was the reason we won.. how does that make sense :lol:

He came on like he used to before Howe got hold of him, mentally not ready to contribute as a substitute. Thankfully he stuck at it today as he made big contributions at both ends of the pitch

strange celebration when isak scored.

not his usual wacky self.

seemed to be having a serious conversation with isak when he came over to thank him.

think he knew he'd been poor.

Got pushed off the ball far too easily a few times and looked to be having a shitter until he made the run and pass that won us the game.

Really happy with him as a sub option especially when there's space in behind like that.

6 hours ago, Menace said:

I genuinely can't even describe that performance - he was awful yet was the reason we won.. how does that make sense :lol:

Did the #23 jersey justice with a performance like today.

Was really feeling bad for him for the first 5 minutes or so. I could tell it really hurt him how he was playing. Was soooooo happy for him for the assist. Thought he was going to go for goal, I actually fancied him to score. He showed great awareness, pace and strength for that set up. Top character.

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

Was really feeling bad for him for the first 5 minutes or so. I could tell it really hurt him how he was playing. Was soooooo happy for him for the assist. Thought he was going to go for goal, I actually fancied him to score. He showed great awareness, pace and strength for that set up. Top character.

Same. Thought it was totally the wrong substitution, sending him out on his own at that time, to be honest.

Maybe his confidence is shot from everyone in the press, online and the fan base telling him that he is shit and is going to be replaced.

However... Despite his faults he will get some important assists and is the only winger we have who actively looks to feed Isak.

We can't fix the problem until the next window so we need to get behind him.

Still think he put in a really useful shift despite the focus on his ropey first few touches. He came on at RWB and yet found himself in a shooting position on the left of their box, which was a big moment cos it forced Spurs back and gave the crowd a lift. Then he was defensively good after the goal, making one important clearing header that I can recall. 

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

I was so glad he took the easy option and passed to Isak, had he shot and missed, there would’ve been a collectively meltdown of levels we’ve not seen before.

Agree there. You could sense the frustration growing with him from the crowd after his first few touches where he lost the ball each time. Had he went to shoot when he went through and missed, there would have been hell on.

A few dodgy moments early on losing posession. Then went on to have a decent crack from a Gordon layoff coming from left to right, could have had a tap in if Isak squares it, then sets Isak up for the winner. 3 potentially really big goal involvments in what, 20 mins? Fair play.

9 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

A few dodgy moments early on losing posession. Then went on to have a decent crack from a Gordon layoff coming from left to right, could have had a tap in if Isak squares it, then sets Isak up for the winner. 3 potentially really big goal involvments in what, 20 mins? Fair play.

Wasn’t that Barnes for the tap in at the start of the second half? Or was there another one I’ve forgotten about?

He looked not familiar playing with Livra and thus missed /misunderstood a few link up passes. Other than that it’s mostly because he is just not good enough. 

Not bad to have one on bench / rotation but one of him / Almiron must be replaced next summer.

• 2 weeks later...