Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Was gash tonight. Really poor in the main.

Your support is f***ing s***!

No it isn't. He just doesn't look good enough - especially for the relegation battle ahead. Early days yet though....

Bit early for that talk.

His brother seems to be banging them in for Norwich now Jacob's left. Typical. Like him and Aarons on the pitch together and would like to see more of it. Preferably with a decent no 10 always making an angle/providing a link between them.

:lol: Some people are literally mental. Imagine getting called a waste of money after less than 90 minutes of playing time. Absolutely pathetic.

Probably the same people who claim we'd be worse off without Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] Some people are literally mental. Imagine getting called a waste of money after less than 90 minutes of playing time. Absolutely pathetic.

:thup: I'd say it's unbelievable but it's not.

[emoji38] Some people are literally mental. Imagine getting called a waste of money after less than 90 minutes of playing time. Absolutely pathetic.

:thup: I'd say it's unbelievable but it's not.

I suspect just general f***-wittery rather than f***-wittery specifically linked to that bandwagon.

• 2 weeks later...

He was probably a bit of a frustration signing. We had missed out on several primary targets when we signed him, so maybe we just wanted to get a deal done and the price maybe misled us into thinking he would be straight into the first team. £12m is nothing in this bonkers market for most Prem teams, but for us it clearly is not.

I watched his brother play against Villa the other week and he was excellent. Kept drifting between left wing in a 4-5-1 & joining Jerome to make a 2 up top.

Was pretty much their only dangerous player, looked to have bags of potential. Hopefully Jacob has similar ability if given a run of games at any point.

He'll get loads of time this season. He's been brought in as a long term starter but an immediate short term option for competition that adds a different dynamic. Atsu and Ritchie will dip in and out of form, regardless of injuries, and we'll have an exciting player ready to step in that could make the position his own. Rafa, as always, is going with something a little more experienced first. He'll get lots of sub action too, mind.

Next year, I expect he'll make the position his own.