Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

So obviously we are going to have to remove some of the dead wood, come close season.   Murphy you could keep and that means Ritchie goes.   You then bring in a top notch right winger and Murphy is cover.

I disagree that he isn’t good enough for next season, I think he’s an ideal backup. 

He’s been a bit unlucky with the chances he’s missed and he seems to be improving all the time under Howe now he’s ahead of Almiron I’m the pecking order. 

I’m not saying he’s amazing but he seems the type of player that keeps his head down and works hard even when he isn’t in the first team and that’s exactly what you need as a backup rather than someone that just seems to twist and decline when they’re out of the limelight. 

If we can sign a really top quality winger to play on that side (like a Raphina), have ASM/Fraser and Murphy as backup I think that’s decent for us to take us forward. 

I like him and more importantly, the other players seem to love him, he's missed a few chances, tends to be when he's got too much time to think about what he's going to do which is not something I've ever seen coached out of players.

If he's happy to be a squad player here we should keep him, what we don't want is players coming in who are going to bring negativity about not being involved all the time.

He is one of our squad players who might genuinely attracted interest from top level championship clubs or even a lower level Premier league clubs and as much as money isn't an issue for us, we'd be wise to cash in on 6/7m if it came our way.

Now that Eddie has given him some focus, I reckon he'd be an excellent championship player. He'd get goals and assists down there, for sure.

Only downside of keeping him as "back up" is that you don´t really create the healthy competition you are looking to have for each spot in the team.

I like him and think that he might need another year to develop, don´t want to let him go and he becomes another milner/Toney...

Murphy needs to be sold, along with others that are in similar space. Not good enough for first team or second choice really. Handy right now, but next season we need credible second choice players to challenge first team ones. If he wants to stay to be 3rd choice it seems cruel on him as he wont play much, but also cruel to our youth coming through who should be getting chances for 3rd choice roles.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Only downside of keeping him as "back up" is that you don´t really create the healthy competition you are looking to have for each spot in the team.

I like him and think that he might need another year to develop, don´t want to let him go and he becomes another milner/Toney...

He is 27

Just now, gbandit said:

One thing I’ll always give this lad a 10/10 for is his photo smile, always looks like he’s just found out his parents are taking him to Disneyland

:lol:

He looks like he should be a character in mariokart 

On 08/03/2022 at 14:17, krybel said:

He is 27

I thought he was a youngster finding his feet, oh well... Yep, if he is 27 then he probably won´t make that much progress, but we always have the big Joe example to try and emulate... 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Only thing I can't fault him for is effort because he did almost everything wrong or too late last night.

Agreed. So infuriating that he got himself into some great positions and basically always fucked up the pass, cross or took an extra touch. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Agreed. So infuriating that he got himself into some great positions and basically always fucked up the pass, cross or took an extra touch. 

I know it's not his game, but he was just as bad defensively I thought.