Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

One thing is consistent with him is that his decision making needs a lot of work, he's always looking to shoot, which shows he's not afraid but he often doesn't look up to see if anyone else is in a better position. If Atsu is fit, the leicester game may be his last start for a while, needs a goal or a good assist from this stretch of games.

He had another one of his games, the guy runs a lot but he offers nothing in the final third, the minute he is in a position to create a chance he just panics and kicks it anywhere, really not good enough.

To be fair to him he got forward a few times and looked up and there was no one in the box or anywhere near getting into the box and he had to stop and check back as he had no one to cross it too.

Helped set up the opening goal with a beautiful ball to Gayle like.

Fair enough that was a lovely ball, forgot about it considering what happened afterwards, but he really needs to work on doing more damage in the final third, there was a moment when he was one on one against Wes Morgan and at no point did anyone have any faith in him in producing something, and his crosses are always finding the opponents.

Guest Howaythetoon

Helped set up the opening goal with a beautiful ball to Gayle like.

He played some lovely balls throughout the game, some of which didn’t come off, but I like the intent and the thinking behind it. It’s called attacking play. Another bright performance of promise from him I felt.

Actually really like the way he’s playing when he’s on the ball. Just needs to get a goal or two and see his confidence soar up a level or two. He’s got a really good shot in him with his right foot tbh.

Atsu/Manquillo & Murphy/Yedlin would mean us getting torn apart even more down the flanks than we are at present. I'd allow Richie the chance to play himself out of this poor run of form he's in because he's still been involved in more of our goals than any other player I believe, offers a reasonable amount of experience in a side that lacks it badly, and, although not recently, he does usually track back and help out his full back.

Atsu/Manquillo & Murphy/Yedlin would mean us getting torn apart even more down the flanks than we are at present. I'd allow Richie the chance to play himself out of this poor run of form he's in because he's still been involved in more of our goals than any other player I believe, offers a reasonable amount of experience in a side that lacks it badly, and, although not recently, he does usually track back and help out his full back.

Ritchie needs a break out of the side, there's no doubt about it imo

It's sad that the criteria for playing a winger in modern football is how well he defends.

Hardly like Ritchie is contributing defensively, look at the goals we have conceded recently from that side and look where Ritchie is

It's sad that the criteria for playing a winger in modern football is how well he defends.

It is when you have 2 full backs who can't defend though. Richie has been poor lately, no getting away from that (although you could say that about every player) but people have short memories and he's contributed with more assists than any other player in our team. I'll be amazed if Rafa drops him tonight and goes with Murphy and Atsu as our 2 wingers.