Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

used some nice skill to beat a player on at least 3 occasions yesterday, which is about as much as I've seen any of our other wingers do in their entire premiership careers, tbh. Final ball seems to be a bit shite but I'm sure he's got it in him. Needs to play more, not less.

He shows some really intelligent movement along with some lovely skill, I think he could be a really decent player in a year. I think being on the left in our setup hampering him, though.

I did read that he had some good games as a 10 last year...

He did, he scored a few of his goals from a more central position for Norwich. He's got a really quick turn of feet so coming through the middle makes him even less predictable for defenders. Always seems willing to shoot as well which is good.

When he gets past people, it always looks like he’s bundled past them accidentally rather than skillfully, a bit like Sissoko used to look.

Think he’s playing well recently though, growing into his position into the team and will probably only get better.

I know what you mean, he sometimes doesn't seem in complete control of the ball which sometimes actually helps him beat his markers. I think it's still a confidence thing though but he is growing rapidly.

There is a player there for sure, just very raw and needs time to develop, could be a very wise investment if we coach him the right way. Having said that, since we had such a limited pot this summer not really a smart thing to waste a sizable chunk on a development player.

Changed my opinion on him completely. He's taking on people and even going on little Ben Arfa hero dribbles. Even put in some decent crosses that our lazy attacking players didn't bother to make the runs for. Just a shame he seems to be the only attacking player trying at the minute.

Will be an asset for us when the team is performing well against sides we should really be beating to stay up, has to keep starting, there is clearly something there and fair play to the lad for turning it around slowly

Really nice to see

Got better but there were still a lot of poor touches and bad decisions. Looks a threat though and is very positive. :thup:

Yep. Shows some really nice skill to get out of tight areas. But when he had the chance to be direct and take on his man with time and space. He seemed to lack confidence and kept making bad choices and cutting in.

He obviously has the ability. As proven by that run near the end. He is faster than I thought.

Guest firetotheworks

When we start playing better I think he'll probably invite a bit of criticism because he still loses it quite easily at times, but I like him and I like how direct he is.

He seems to be growing in confidence, hopefully we'll see better end product if that continues. I think there's potential there, and along with Merino we can maybe put him down as a decent signing for Rafa along with all the shite ones we keep getting complaints about.

I don't like his end product, yes he runs at players and gives us something different but there seems to be no final ball from him whatsoever.

He's still young and very inexperienced at this level so hopefully that is something that will come in time. At least he's showed us some flashes of promise in the last few games because prior to that he didn't even look like a footballer.

Needs to be starting every week if he’s to continue e improving. Lots of positives to be taken recently.

How long is Atsu out for? He and Murphy on either wing look at least like a vaguely threatening prospect.

Great, hope he's really starting to feel settled in and inspired to perform for the rest of the season. The past weeks haven't been good for us but could be very important & positive for Murphy's future at the club. Having taken on Man Utd & Chelsea and performed well, he'll hopefully feel like no task is too big for him now.