Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

• 2 weeks later...

Getting better and better, didn't look out of place against City tonight.

Still, a terrible signing, a complete waste of £12m and I hope we sell him in January because my mind was already made up after his first couple of appearances.

Still, a terrible signing, a complete waste of £12m and I hope we sell him in January because my mind was already made up after his first couple of appearances.

Wrong brother....

Yeah, on tonight's evidence I was wrong. I thought there was no hope for him five or six games ago, but he's really grown in confidence and impact recently.

Yeah, on tonight's evidence I was wrong. I thought there was no hope for him five or six games ago, but he's really grown in confidence and impact recently.

Likewise. The extent of his abysmalness made me think he was never gonna make it. Ain't gonna apologise for dat. He's looking more promising though, carries it pretty well at times.

He was gash to start with, disputing that is daft. I bet he'd even agree himself tbh.

It's the haste with which people completely write new players off (and subsequently use it to slag off the manager) that's annoying and weird. Like it's a competition to be most OTT.

Thing is, when you take into account the circumstances, he wasn't gash at the beginning, he was putting in the exact performances you expect from a player finding his feet in a new team & a new league. Mix that with the added pressure of the whole Newcastle supporter narrative, then what we seen of him was nothing less than how a lot of youth players perform in their first few games. There was nothing to truly back up the fact he was going to be a bad player. And now we're saying the good performances the rational few predicted would be the case.

He was gash to start with, disputing that is daft. I bet he'd even agree himself tbh.

It's the haste with which people completely write new players off (and subsequently use it to slag off the manager) that's annoying and weird. Like it's a competition to be most OTT.

:thup:

Likewise. The extent of his abysmalness made me think he was never gonna make it. Ain't gonna apologise for dat. He's looking more promising though, carries it pretty well at times.

I think more what Dave is trying to say is that yes he did looked shell-shocked to start off with, however there was no context put against it. People just simply said he's terrible, don't want to see him play etc. Without taking into account the circumstances of him coming into a team that doesn't have much of the ball in a higher league and all the rest of it.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, or be the first to be right about a player being this, that, and the other.