Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Shame, because when he runs at his man and sticks a cross in, that cross is decent. Blackburn and Everton this season, Stoke last season and the goal at Man City was quality. The fact that I can count 4 occasions he's shown promise is why we may be looking to loan him out, he needs consistency.

Guest Howaythetoon

Obertan was a coward on the ball in the same way Alan Smith was, players who are afraid of taking up any form of responsibility when it comes to making a decision when on the ball be it crossing, passing, shooting, dribbling or beating a man for example.

Those kind of players try and hide away from responsibility by running around lots, tracking back a lot and putting in tackles among other things that don’t require talent and skill or having to demonstrate any, all traits of a poor footballer or a nothing footballer who eventually got found out.

Or get new contracts if you’re a Jack Colback playing for an Alan Pardew.

You’ll do for me son...

I see none of that in Murphy, I don’t see a huge level of ability either of course, but I see some ability at least and a number of attributes that would benefit our team on the ball and in attack. Ability he will always struggle to demonstrate to any great degree unless he gets a run of games though.

A loan move away would benefit him, but I can’t see any benefit for us in loaning him out. We can’t afford to lose someone who even if he doesn’t play or figure highly in the manager’s plans, cost us 12m and has attributes we lack, can benefit from and the player has demonstrated he can give us others can’t or aren’t giving us.

It would make sense if the club was going to spend some money on proven quality in that area... but we all know we will probably end up with a player exchange deal in the same way we swapped Gayle for Rondon.

It’s a shite state of affairs!

Guest Howaythetoon

Thought he was quite lively today, unlucky to be wrongfully ruled offside when he was through on goal in the second half. If he was playing with Yedlin instead of Manq today we might have seen a bit more output.

This!

Won 3 corners alone just by getting to the byeline or into the box, corners Ritchie wasted...

Our most dangerous player today despite playing crap.

Whoever scouted this guy and thought he was worth whatever we paid for him deserve to be sacked.

I live in Norwich and asked a load of mates who are Norwich fans what he was like when we signed him.

Their response was simply "Championship player"

It's incredibly difficult for any of our attacking midfield or wide players when playing the way we do, with seven players deep and then Joselu up front. Every time Murphy (and also more often than not Kenedy) got the ball they were surrounded by Watford players with basically no balls on. Poisoned chalice really for a young player.

It is true, but Murphy has fundamental issues that are not related to our attacking play. His decision making and passing are both very inconsistent, and he is of an age where they shouldn't be

Yeah, this. 

He is a very one dimensional player.  He never, ever beats a man on the inside. 

Technically Obertan was very solid

:lol: Obertan was pony. An actual pony would be more technically-sound

I agree about Obertan having very good technical ability.  He literally had amazing physical stats and technical stats, but a brain the size of a f***ing pea - as well as a penchant for cowardice - so he almost never performed to anywhere near his capability

It is true, but Murphy has fundamental issues that are not related to our attacking play. His decision making and passing are both very inconsistent, and he is of an age where they shouldn't be

Aye, constantly fucks up simple passes and goes down the line every time

That and the lad needs a run of games, he'll get that at West Brom.

That and the lad needs a run of games, he'll get that at West Brom.

Definitely, I just don't see those aspects of his game being fixed personally.

Think you might well be right.