Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Only one that can take any credit from tonight, I thought. End product was a bit iffy. But unlike Fraser, Almiron and Ritchie. He seems keen to take defenders on and use his pace to drive into space and actually try and get in behind defenders when on the ball.

I actually quite enjoyed watching him. Not that there is much enjoyment watching NUFC anymore.

He is what he is, for a club like ours he is worth a place in the squad and in games like this but little more. I guess the plan was to smooth his rough edges but that obviously hasn't happened and is not likely too.

On what I’ve seen so far this season and in the past. I’d start him out wide ahead of Fraser or Ritchie. Plus Ritchie is injured, anyway.

Not exactly spoilt for choice.

Edit: Meant what I’ve seen of Murphy in the past. If we could get Fraser from 2 seasons back. That would be great. Looks pretty uninspiring so far.

Guest neesy111

He'll do something well and then fuck up or do something daft next.  He's better than Ritchie and Fraser on currency showing's by them two.

• 4 weeks later...

Regardless of the goal, he has certainly improved or matured and seems to be a genuine PL player now.

Hes got a cracking attitude and grafts his balls off. Really likeable lad too.

He’s decent, fairly lucky for the goal but he’s generally positive and tries to do things.

He took it really well tbf; perfect curl and just enough power to capitalise on the keeper's error. But yeah, it was a clanger. Not Patricio's first against us at Molineux.

He’s decent, fairly lucky for the goal but he’s generally positive and tries to do things.

He took it really well tbf; perfect curl and just enough power to capitalise on the keeper's error. But yeah, it was a clanger. Not Patricio's first against us at Molineux.

Nice that Murphy has the confidence to try that.

Nice that Murphy has the confidence to try that.

Yes, good to see.

He’s played alright since coming back.

That year out on loan has done him well, I said it a couple of years ago, he should have been sent straight out on loan to develop better. Last season has done him good, but it’s came about 2 years too late for him.