Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Still maintain he's been poorly managed, but that's been exacerbated by the horrific management of the squad by the club.

I think back to that stretch of 6 weeks or so last Xmas where he looked really promising, like skinning KVdB and running through City's midfield, but I don't think he's played consecutive games since then.

He's perhaps the biggest confidence player I've ever seen. He needs the games.

Still maintain he's been poorly managed, but that's been exacerbated by the horrific management of the squad by the club.

I think back to that stretch of 6 weeks or so last Xmas where he looked really promising, like skinning KVdB and running through City's midfield, but I don't think he's played consecutive games since then.

Ferdinand?

Ferdinand?

Well, I mean Murphy went from looking like he could barely keep a ball in play against Swansea to then actually playing well against top 6 opposition. It was proper odd.

Given how total ineffective this guy has been lately, we might as well promote someone from the U23s and let Murphy go regardless of whether we sign a replacement or not.

I can't imagine Jimmy Reserve is going to be any worse.

I’m not sure he’s up to PL level but it’s hard to tell as his confidence is totally shot. Being split from his brother was a bad idea, as was immediately dropping him in the few times he did do well.

A good run of games and rediscovering his form would help him loads.

Guest firetotheworks

Best of luck to him if he goes. It hasn't worked out here yet, but hopefully more game time will get him in the groove and he can push on - hopefully with us. He seems a really nice lad and maybe he's been a bit of a rabbit caught in the headlights with the jump up to the PL and up here. Really hope he does well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Squad strength? If we were a well run squad with greater depth, this would be the kind of deal we would benefit from.

Barreca signing frees up Ritchie to go out wide again, even though I think he's been much better for us this season at LWB. Then we've got Almiron, Perez, Ritchie and Atsu who can all play wide (albeit I want to see Almiron behind Rondon) and are probably ahead of him in the pecking order. I'd be surprised if we bring a winger in tbh, as much as it pains me to say.