Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

He's good on the ball, decent at defending and when he was in the mood carried the ball really well up the wing. 

I thought he had the tools to at least be a regular but he seems really passive about not playing etc. At least thats the impression I get looking in from the outside. 

I mean, I like not putting in a shift as much as the next pleb, but to have made it to the top league and not seem fussed seems a shame. I liked him. 

18 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

He's good on the ball, decent at defending and when he was in the mood carried the ball really well up the wing. 

I thought he had the tools to at least be a regular but he seems really passive about not playing etc. At least thats the impression I get looking in from the outside. 

I mean, I like not putting in a shift as much as the next pleb, but to have made it to the top league and not seem fussed seems a shame. I liked him. 

I thought he was a decent professional, no real weaknesses as a defender. If anything he had the tools to do a lot more going forward, but don't think he felt comfortable doing it. Hence we got him relatively cheaply, if he was better he'd never have been sanctioned by Ashley. All that considered he wasn't a terrible signing.

21 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Underrated, good enough value for money (£1.5m, if memory serves)? Technically a lot better than he got credit for.

Think it was £4-5m but still, as you say. 

No strong feelings about him really; the sort of signing that was a microcosm of last few years of the Ashley era. A cheap, lower-midtable player who did okay for us, but would never have been here had we any ambition. File alongside most of the signings made in the Championship, Ki, Joselu, Atsu, Krafth, Fraser.

He did deliver the assist for the first goal I celebrated in over two years in that Spurs game. So kudos to him for that. Hope he does well for Rafa. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Think it was £4-5m but still, as you say. 

No strong feelings about him really; the sort of signing that was a microcosm of last few years of the Ashley era. A cheap, lower-midtable player who did okay for us, but would never have been here had we any ambition. File alongside most of the signings made in the Championship, Ki, Joselu, Atsu, Krafth, Fraser.

He did deliver the assist for the first goal I celebrated in over two years in that Spurs game. So kudos to him for that. Hope he does well for Rafa. 

Didn’t we only sign 1 of those in the championship (Atsu)? Trivia equaliser 

Crazy to think he must have been our 4th or 5th longest serving squad member by now, 2017 was a long time ago. Good luck to him, always solid enough.

Really likeable player.

Hoping that him leaving gets us some very small wriggle room. Every penny counts.

Although Hayden being back will offset that somewhat.

Just now, STM said:

Really likeable player.

Hoping that him leaving gets us some very small wriggle room. Every penny counts.

Although Hayden being back will offset that somewhat.

Farmed straight out to Preston, albeit doubt they’ll be covering his full whack.

21 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Didn’t we only sign 1 of those in the championship (Atsu)? Trivia equaliser 

It was all one list:

- most Championship players

- Ki

- Joselu

- [etc]

Atsu was loaned in the Champo but purchased in the Prem.

ligue 1 soccer GIF by Toulouse Football Club

2 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I mean, I like not putting in a shift as much as the next pleb

Feel like this is the truest reflection you could make on my character in a single sentence