Mikel Merino

Disco

Sorry 5-1. McArthur bossed it. So many times with those 2, any midfielder with some bite and an engine could dominate them.

As concerned as I am with Hayden, he'll never get physically steamrollered for 90 minutes like that. He'll compete. The next phase is getting someone that can compete and play a bit more.

One thing I always admired about SAF sides is that they always competed physically. At the very least, a strong and fast team. Pochettino seems to build teams in that spirit. Same with Rafa. Out with Anita & Colback, in with Merino & Hayden. Rarely out-hustled.

I remember getting up early and going to the bar for that Hull game. There were about 15 of us Newcastle fans and one Hull supporter wearing a Jozy Altidore Hull shirt and a fedora. It was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

[emoji38]

Will make a standing tackle and come away with the ball and drive forward, also, his close control when getting double teamed he's often spinning away cleverly to keep possession or dribble himself into safety and keep play moving (last 2 matches it's him turning and continuing attacks) - fantastic.

If a game situation allows, it might be interesting to see him tried at #10. He offers the presence of Diame, but is technically much better. We've not seen him hit many shots, but his Spain U21 goal came from him in an advanced position and was very composed. His heading would also be a weapon for runs into the box.

If a game situation allows, it might be interesting to see him tried at #10. He offers the presence of Diame, but is technically much better. We've not seen him hit many shots, but his Spain U21 goal came from him in an advanced position and was very composed. His heading would also be a weapon for runs into the box.

giphy.gif