Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember thinking during that 0-4 that Krul should have saved all 4 of them. Absolute horror show.

He parried 3 of the 4 straight to a Spurs player. The 4th was a curler by Chadli which I'm unsure whether he should've saved or not.

A defence of f***ing Pattison, Taylor, Huntingdon and Ramage ffs :lol:

Was Pattison in defence? For some reason I thought Huntington was playing leftback so was Pattison at right back? Or maybe Solano at right back? Genuinley can't remember much about it except that Martins goal

It'll be one of those 'play well but lose' kinda shebangs I bet.

This is what I'm expecting. Followed by optimism heading into Huddersfield, at which point we'll come crashing down to earth / into crisis.

Can't see us getting anything if I'm honest. But I do expect a promising performance from whatever team Rafa puts out.

I just think Spurs are going to be after us for the thrashing we dished out last time. It could set them up for a good season TBH. They might have worked just that little bit harder in pre-season.

It could also be the reason that so many are seemingly injured, too.

Can't see us getting anything if I'm honest. But I do expect a promising performance from whatever team Rafa puts out.

I just think Spurs are going to be after us for the thrashing we dished out last time. It could set them up for a good season TBH. They might have worked just that little bit harder in pre-season.

It could also be the reason that so many are seemingly injured, too.

I don't disagree with this, no way we will repeat the result we got in our last PL game, not the best game to start with but hope we can take some positives away.

Guest chopey

I think it will be the same result as keegans first game back in the premier league loads of hype and then a 0-1 defeat to bring us back down to earth

Quality of player coming in is average to poor in my educated opinion. We'll get beat in my opinion. Easily beaten as well maybe 0-3.

If Rafa wasn't on more money here than he'd get elsewhere he'd already be gone.

I don't like to be Debbie-Downer, but these are my feelings too. Think we're off to a bad start. Gayle is yet to show he can run riot in the Prem for a full season and is already in doubt - he's our main man and it doesn't bode well. Going to be a struggle of a season unless the signings come thick and fast (hope I'm wrong, obviously).

Quality of player coming in is average to poor in my educated opinion. We'll get beat in my opinion. Easily beaten as well maybe 0-3.

If Rafa wasn't on more money here than he'd get elsewhere he'd already be gone.

He'd easily get more money in China lad.