Newcastle United 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 (post-match from p28)

Kaizero

MAckems 2 up, trading places again may be a distinct possibility going off this. I was relatively optimistic at that we would be comfortably safe this season, if this is any indication, then that's way way off. We may be bottom of the league when this is over, and we may not move from there. Huddersfield is a horrible fixture up next, being their first home game and on the back of a great performance against palace, it's doubly hard now after losing 3 players here.

Jesus christ.

MAckems 2 up, trading places again may be a distinct possibility going off this. I was relatively optimistic at that we would be comfortably safe this season, if this is any indication, then that's way way off. We may be bottom of the league when this is over, and we may not move from there. Huddersfield is a horrible fixture up next, being their first home game and on the back of a great performance against palace, it's doubly hard now after losing 3 players here.

At least you're not wildly swinging from one extreme to the other though. :lol:

I think Shelvey has been sent off on reputation alone. Honestly think it's just an accident. Alli rolling round like f***ing Max Whitlock has made the refs mind up

Might need to face the TV mate to be honest.

So you know he deliberately trod on his ankle then? Despite him not looking in that direction?

He was trying to do,it under the radar man ffs. That's why he wasn't looking at it directly.

So people/the ref then are saying it's deliberate on reputation then? That's kind of my whole point. Did he deliberately pretend it was an accident or was it an accident?

Why didn't he take his foot away when he felt Alli's ankle under him?

1 shot on target, never even tried to score.

We didn't have time in the second half to give it a go, that dumb fuck Shelvey got sent off first.

Pardew style tactic that.

Why not try in the first half?

It's not tactics though, it's players. No creativity.

Can see Ritchie really struggling at this level.

He didn't at Bournemouth. 1 game man and it's not even finished.

He's one of the few, if only players we have that has played consistently at this level before...

We've barely tried to compete. Comes from the top down. With the fucking owner publically admitting it himself, what sort of message is that bound to send to the squad.

Compare this shower with Burnley's efforts yesterday. Disciplined and in no way intimidated by the opposition.

Guest reefatoon

Game looked a mismatch from the start but not helped by that moron getting sent off. We are going to struggle with this championship team. Absolutely zero going forward. Just a case of trying to keep the score as low as possible. Massive let down.

Jesus christ.

:lol:

Playing the 2nd best team in the country as a newly promoted side, after a first half in which we lost 2 of the starting 11 then got a red card later in the game..

RELEGATED

Game looked a mismatch from the start but not helped by that moron getting sent off. We are going to struggle with this championship team. Absolutely zero going forward. Just a case of trying to keep the score as low as possible. Massive let down.

I think it would still be 0-0 if Shelvey hadn't have got himself sent off. We were doing pretty well until then.

Guest Howaythetoon

We have no player of outstanding ability. This is going to be one very tough season where we will be at the bottom fighting to stay up all season long. Thanks Mike you fat cunt.

We didn't have time in the second half to give it a go, that dumb fuck Shelvey got sent off first.

It's both. Really poor allround.

I think Shelvey has been sent off on reputation alone. Honestly think it's just an accident. Alli rolling round like f***ing Max Whitlock has made the refs mind up

Might need to face the TV mate to be honest.

So you know he deliberately trod on his ankle then? Despite him not looking in that direction?

He was trying to do,it under the radar man ffs. That's why he wasn't looking at it directly.

So people/the ref then are saying it's deliberate on reputation then? That's kind of my whole point. Did he deliberately pretend it was an accident or was it an accident?

Why didn't he take his foot away when he felt Alli's ankle under him?

Maybe he didn't feel it? I don't know. Bearing in mind Shelvey was consoling Alli when he was trying to get the ball. Again had that been let's say Gary Lineker in the same situation as Shelvey, would the punishment be the same?

We didn't defend hopelessly like we did under Pardew, though. There was some semblance of control in our defending.

Can't overreact to this, Spurs hammer teams so often and we looked all right before Shelvey fucked up.