Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

“I feel like Newcastle were the best option for me and I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and get to know the training ground, the stadium and all the supporters.

“I’ve learned a lot about this club because they have a big history in the Premier League. They have had some big players and I have also played on the PlayStation with this club"

:lol:

“I feel like Newcastle were the best option for me and I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and get to know the training ground, the stadium and all the supporters.

“I’ve learned a lot about this club because they have a big history in the Premier League. They have had some big players and I have also played on the PlayStation with this club"

:lol: Merino said the same.

He doesn't remind me of Sibierski, like. Le Sib was a desperate freebie on a one-year contract. He did okay, obvs.

Did I ask what you're thoughts on the matter were?

This would have more impact with the correct use of your. Just my thoughts :pow:

People are asking me why I'm singing Waterloo now.

Couldn't escape if they wanted to.

Joselu, they were defeated we won the war

Joselu, promise to love you forever more

Joselu, couldn't escape if they wanted to

Joselu, finally playing & scoring too

Just sayin

(Works less well if he doesn't score)

That's me convinced.

Got number 21.

A completely separate article was needed for some reason: https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/new-boys-squad-number-confirmed

"And while only a handful of shirts were available, the former Real Madrid man chose 21 because he 'likes the number.'"

Gutiérrez signed for Newcastle United on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee on 2 July 2008. Gutiérrez told the club's official website that instead of "Gutiérrez", the former Real Mallorca man would sport "Jonás" above his squad number 18 he said "Because I like my name."

I see this signing as similar to the Atsu one.

A player with talent that has never settled anywhere that may find his feet here under Rafa. If not, it's not an expensive signing and he probably wont be on outrageous wages (in comparison to what Perez would demand for similar risk).

He'll obviously be competitng with Mitro for the second striker role, which can only be good for both of them. I still think all 3 of our strikers will play a fair bit, with the cup games and Gayle's injury record.

That means Saivet or Haidara will likely miss out on the 25-man squad.

Keep Saivet in the squad. Haidara is a liability with his injuries IMO

is there not a good bit of space in the 25 man squad because we dont have to register under 21's like Rolando?

The new Leon Best.

o-i-e-i-oo-oo-oo I'm Blaahdy Joselu

Looking g forward to seeing how this turns out. Imagine he'll get more than enough minutes to show what he can do. I'm hopeful.