Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

I'm looking at him more as someone who will offer us a decent target man with some mobility so hopefully that will make Rafa's preferred system look more effective. Goals would probably be a bonus. Mitro had his moments when he's played for Rafa, but he doesn't do the channels so well, and I think that's important for Rafa. Ironically Riviere was quite good at that but he couldn't finish for shit.

If the game against Spurs was anything to go by, he'll need to be pretty good at running onto long balls launched from deep inside our own half, that seemed to be the main service to Gayle, although Shelvey was the main provider of those, and he's banned for three games.

Guest chopey

Won't happen but I'd like to see him start up front with Gayle

Perez partnered Gayle for most of the first half in the Spurs game

He tried and at least we looked like we have a striker, my own opinion but Gayle is not good enough for this level, remember him bottling the game against Hull in the cup last year and thought he would really struggle against any team with quality this year.

Looked a threat, better than Gayle. Would start him for a few games.

One thing though, he seemed like an excited kid on the pitch every time the ball came to him, got into a good position and instantly took the shot, scuffing it each time.

I'm still not sure what type of player he is tbh. Didn't look quick or good in the air, and his attempted shots were piss - what's he supposed to be good at?

Might be decent at getting on the end of crosses. Hard to tell so far as we didn't provide any.