Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Guest reefatoon

He's so incomprehensibly bad, he's making me miss Manny Riv.

At least Rivière had the decency to be fucking injured most the time.

The sentiment of retaining Daryl Murphy would have been much better than signing Joselu was echoing around where I was sitting . As a footnote I think our fans efforts were commendable in trying to rally the "troops "

Didn't here much rallying the troops. Heard loads of Rafa stuff.

If i hadn't seen Riviere play i would've said he's the shittiest striker than ever played for us, that slide tackle shot right before he was taken off was absolutely pathetic, he dosn't have much heart and wants to play with minimal effort.

That last miss really got under my skin. If he can't tuck away an easy chance like that then why are we bothering with this waster?

According to Football 365, he's taken sixth most shots among players with more than 800 minutes. Taking lots of shots has high correlation with goals scored. The current top 3 for shots per game is Kane, Salah, and (with fewer minutes) Aguero. During that streak with a goal every game, Vardy was taking loads, showing that it wasn't a fluke.

For all his shots, Joselu has only scored with two "tackles". His positional play can be very good, he gave Murphy an angle to play the ball in both times against Watford, but he just cannot strike the ball.

According to Football 365, he's taken sixth most shots among players with more than 800 minutes. Taking lots of shots has high correlation with goals scored. The current top 3 for shots per game is Kane, Salah, and (with fewer minutes) Aguero. During that streak with a goal every game, Vardy was taking loads, showing that it wasn't a fluke.

For all his shots, Joselu has only scored with two "tackles". His positional play can be very good, he gave Murphy an angle to play the ball in both times against Watford, but he just cannot strike the ball.

Well, according to Rafa, he's only got 1/3 of the capability to kick the ball forward. Kinda roughly translates to only being able to score with tackles/shins etc. I suppose.

He has missed more easy chances than I would've thought possible, and both his goals were scuffs, surely after Rafa's rant he'll be out the team now.  I'd rather see a scarecrow with a paper mask of Joselu's face up front tonight but I'm hoping for Mitro and Gayle

I don't think he's missed a load of easy chances, most of his efforts have been half chances at best, although he's looked feeble on those I agree. Mitro and Gayle is a non-starter, we'll need the numbers in midfield to protect our creaky defence. No more of this 4-4-2 shit for the moment thanks.