Newcastle United vs. West Ham United - 26/08/17 @ 3pm (No TV)

Guest neesy111

I'm already at the apathetic stage, finding it hard to care until we bolster the team. It's so frustrating and it's all down to Mike, the thick cunt.

We need the win but it'll be a draw or a late winner by them no doubt.

I'm already at the apathetic stage, finding it hard to care until we bolster the team. It's so frustrating and it's all down to Mike, the thick cunt.

We need the win but it'll be a draw or a late winner by them no doubt.

Actually amazing how quickly the enthusiasm has waned from me too. Thought I'd be really excited about this season. I guess it would be different if we'd had better results but the knowledge that Ashley will inevitably fuck everything up really helps to bring you back down to earth very quickly. As soon as the rumblings started behind the scenes it felt obvious that we'd be shite on the pitch.

Just over three months ago:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-confirms-positive-discussions

Newcastle United can confirm that a meeting has taken place between the club’s owner, Mike Ashley, managing director, Lee Charnley, and manager, Rafa Benítez.

It was agreed by all parties that the meeting was very positive and constructive.

Mike again congratulated Rafa and his team on gaining promotion to the Premier League as champions.

Plans for next season were discussed, including the purchase and loan of players to add to the squad in readiness for the Premier League season.

Speaking after the meeting, Mike Ashley said: “I’ve confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season.”

Manager Rafa Benítez added: “I’m pleased with how the meeting went and the positive approach we are all taking together to build on what we have started this season.

“There will be challenges ahead of course, the summer will not be easy, but the hard work has been going on for some time and we can now continue positively with the development of the squad ahead of the start of the new season.

"I wish fans an enjoyable summer!”

We can't have nice things.

Despite their bad start, West Ham actually have some quality players, we don't, and coupled with the negative atmosphere around the place I'm going for 1-3.

Remember Steve McClaren's last game for us was a 1-3 home defeat too.

Really hope the crowd don't turn on Rafa and the players. If Ashley is there on Saturday, every frustrated soul should vent their anger towards him and the club's board. If fans do turn on Rafa and the lads, it would paint an absolute pathetic image of us and back up the typical Geordies are deluded line. Just look at how Sky lied last night saying the fans were getting on the back of players.

Ashley and the board should be the target of any abuse and protest on Saturday while Rafa should be strongly supported as ever.

Elliot

Manquillo.  Lejeune.  Clarke. Mbemba

Atsu.          Hayden.  Merino.  Aarons

Ritchie

Mitrovic

I think we'll win. The pressure is on West Ham as much if not more than us and we haven't been as bad as what some have made out. Hopefully after a couple of games Gayle has found a bit of fitness after missing the latter pre-season games and gets a goal.