Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Man United's spending is a prime example of exactly why I'd have no problem with us spending as much as we possibly can further down the line. 

The idea that we could 'buy' the title is nonsense when you consider the money being thrown about by a team trying to finish in the top 6 never mind challenge for the league. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

If anyone at our club deserved a huge contract it was him. It's Sancho on £350k that is ridiculous. 

I genuinely didn’t know the sums involved and haven’t been paying attention for a while. Anything over £200K still feels insane to me.

Just looked at Spotrac (big pinch of salt, obviously). You’ve supposedly got 6 players on more money than Kane (plus Rashford on the same). Ouch.

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

From what I can gather the Glazers are just a Harrods Mike Ashley, Ashley I would argue did way more damage, but there is a definite parallel between to neglect and negligence of both ownerships.

They're not like. Ashley was a cunt but at least he had the common sense not to spunk a fortune on anyone the wrong side of 30 (or 27 for that matter).

11 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I genuinely didn’t know the sums involved and haven’t been paying attention for a while. Anything over £200K still feels insane to me.

Just looked at Spotrac (big pinch of salt, obviously). You’ve supposedly got 6 players on more money than Kane (plus Rashford on the same). Ouch.

You gave Ndombele the same wage as Kane. Perisic is on 180k a week to be a backup wing back.

English football is nuts, but our recruitment is definitely the worst. 

:lol: Yeah Ndombele was a waste of money. Perisic was a free transfer though. Presumably Sancho was too?

Edit: Sorry couldn’t resist - I thought he might have been and genuinely didn’t remember, then Googled. Fuck me.

Edited by leffe186

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

:lol: Yeah Ndombele was a waste of money. Perisic was a free transfer though. Presumably Sancho was too?

Edit: Sorry couldn’t resist - I thought he might have been and genuinely didn’t remember, then Googled. Fuck me.

Let's not get carried away. Sancho was one of the highest rated talents in Europe and was phenomenal for Dortmund. 

He's also just turned 22.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

You gave Ndombele the same wage as Kane. Perisic is on 180k a week to be a backup wing back.

English football is nuts, but our recruitment is definitely the worst. 

Perisic will be a starter soon.

49 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Let's not get carried away. Sancho was one of the highest rated talents in Europe and was phenomenal for Dortmund. 

He's also just turned 22.

Sancho has had a rough start but I don't think anyone who had seen him at Dortmund thought it was too much money for him.

1 hour ago, StevenSeagull said:

Apparently, Man United are looking to table a bid for Pervis Estupinan after the left back impressed during his medical at Brighton 

*I'll get my coat

Must be class being a Brighton fan when it comes to deals. This aside it’s nearly always a proper throw back to it being players you have little idea about from some exotic land and don’t even have a techno laced welcome to Brighton YouTube video to scout them on.

2 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

This summer it seems transfers have gotten completely out of control but dunno if anything can be done. £80m for Nunez, £65m for Cucerella, Martinez £50m?, Richarlison £50m? Gibbs-White £45m :lol:  Its Gone fucking bonkers

Not to go full Flip, but Richarlison for £50m seems like really good value to me, even more so when compared to the rest of them. Big thing with Richarlison is that he is just as good playing off the striker or on the wing as he is as being their best cover for Kane they could probably get. It's quite a similar position to where we are with Wilson actually. 

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Gakpo plays on the left. Are they expecting and going to accept a late bid for Rashford? A top European club? Arsenal? Us? Klopp even? 

Rashford walks next summer and will cost them 40? 50? million in lost transfer fees. A million quid a game on top of his large wages. Ten Haag has come out with "I want him" type comments, but they are no different to what any manager says about any player, e.g., Eddie Howe about Paul Dummett. Another major player walking away like Pogba, this time a non-scapegoat, prolongs the bad smell. Liverpool bit the bullet and sold Mane with a year left on his contract. That's what sensible clubs do.

4 hours ago, The Butcher said:

City will pay fuck all for Haaland's first year at City. No payments will be made before next summer. 

Given this big spaff on Casemiro, did Man U not consider Kalvin Phillips? He offers pretty much the same thing for a fraction of the price, is much younger, is league tested, home rule player, ....

Phillips himself needs to play to cement an England place, but isn't number one DM at Man City.

17 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not to go full Flip, but Richarlison for £50m seems like really good value to me, even more so when compared to the rest of them. Big thing with Richarlison is that he is just as good playing off the striker or on the wing as he is as being their best cover for Kane they could probably get. It's quite a similar position to where we are with Wilson actually. 

Full Flip is a good thing. Go there as often as you want :lol:

Just now, Stottie said:

Given this big spaff on Casemiro, did Man U not consider Kalvin Phillips? He offers pretty much the same thing for a fraction of the price, is much younger, is league tested, home rule player, ....

Phillips himself needs to play to cement an England place, but isn't number one DM at Man City.

No, they were convinced they were getting De Jong. 

10 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Not a chance Phillips would have joined Man Utd. The hatred Leeds have for Man Utd is up there and as a hometown Leeds lad who bigged up his credentials it’ll have been death threat central.

36 minutes ago, Disco said:

Must be class being a Brighton fan when it comes to deals. This aside it’s nearly always a proper throw back to it being players you have little idea about from some exotic land and don’t even have a techno laced welcome to Brighton YouTube video to scout them on.

It's brilliant all-round being a Brighton fan right now. I still can't get my head around the fact we're a mid-table PL team. When I started taking my 2 sons to Withdean, we sat in temporary stands/ Crowds of 5,000 watching us lose regularly to Oldham, Swindon, Walsall. I've got a lot of good memories of that time - my two lads defiantly and proudly supporting their local club, a feeling that you knew either personally or by sight every other Brighton fan & cracking away days at Orient, Millwall, Southend, Plymouth, Darlington but it was v.dark days for the club. Even up to 2008, I was afraid we could go out of business.

And if you want a throw-back to signing obscure players - here's a photo of Jonny Dixon signing for us in 2008. God knows why we signed him or even how we found him. Played only a couple of times and was bloody awful even by our standards. He quit football shortly after and became a DJ. He's best remembered for two reasons: That jumper he's wearing in the photo and because he was dating Holly Vallance at the time.  

EEVmcTrXkAIcveJ.png

20 minutes ago, StevenSeagull said:

It's brilliant all-round being a Brighton fan right now. I still can't get my head around the fact we're a mid-table PL team. When I started taking my 2 sons to Withdean, we sat in temporary stands/ Crowds of 5,000 watching us lose regularly to Oldham, Swindon, Walsall. I've got a lot of good memories of that time - my two lads defiantly and proudly supporting their local club, a feeling that you knew either personally or by sight every other Brighton fan & cracking away days at Orient, Millwall, Southend, Plymouth, Darlington but it was v.dark days for the club. Even up to 2008, I was afraid we could go out of business.

And if you want a throw-back to signing obscure players - here's a photo of Jonny Dixon signing for us in 2008. God knows why we signed him or even how we found him. Played only a couple of times and was bloody awful even by our standards. He quit football shortly after and became a DJ. He's best remembered for two reasons: That jumper he's wearing in the photo and because he was dating Holly Vallance at the time.  

EEVmcTrXkAIcveJ.png

Its a fine jumper tbf to the bloke. 

As an older fan it must make a huge difference seeing young kids kids the town supporting their local club and not Man Utd, Arsenal or whoever. Imagine it’s the same in Bournemouth to a lesser degree. When I lived there you’d be more likely to see one of our shirts than a local one.