Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, The Prophet said:

Is he getting in the City side ahead of Rodri?

Play where Stones has been playing I reckon.  Especially against weaker teams

Edited by jack j

22 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I can live with that tbh :lol: So many other clubs that I’d be much more gutted to see him go to. 

I don't really care where he goes if he not coming to this country 

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Bernardo Silva is a big loss to the game. I get choosing the money if you’re around 32 and looking at your last big contract, but Silva is nowhere near that yet. I suppose it’s just a job to a lot of players at the end of the day.

He’s not retired like.  

At this pace the Saudi league will be at least as good as Ligue 1 or Eredivisie. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s not retired like.  

At this pace the Saudi league will be at least as good as Ligue 1 or Eredivisie. 

I just don’t see non-Saudi’s watching it, I certainly won’t be. Until the Saudi’s buy their way into the CL/future super league anyway.

2 hours ago, Andy84 said:

Quintessential stopping a top class player going to a rival?

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if Man City are buying him just so that Arsenal don't challenge them for the title. Makes sense TBH.

Beat Arsenal to the punch, replace Gundogan, add the best English midfielder not named Jude. Makes a lot of sense for them.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

If they continue people will watch it. Football is much more star led than many like to believe 

It reminds me of the North American Soccer League in the 60s and 70s. Buying stars towards the ends of their careers (Pele, Best, Cruyff, Beckenbauer), and hoping those big names will draw in the interest.

It failed because it didn't draw in any depth of talent. Football has to grow in a country from the bottom upwards, not top downwards. That takes time.

50 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It reminds me of the North American Soccer League in the 60s and 70s. Buying stars towards the ends of their careers (Pele, Best, Cruyff, Beckenbauer), and hoping those big names will draw in the interest.

It failed because it didn't draw in any depth of talent. Football has to grow in a country from the bottom upwards, not top downwards. That takes time.

If they can keep getting the likes of Neves and Bruno things will get interesting.