Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Azpilicueta has played over 500 games for the club over 11 years. He's their 6th highest appearance maker and is leaving at the twilight end of his career after the club have told him to go. I'd find it far more weird if he didn't acknowledge the club in such a way tbh.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Tired of this new trend of emotional goodbyes on social media. Azpillceta’s must be about the fifth one this window. 

Take your money and fuck off lads.

Depending on the length of service aye, sometimes it's understandable, but generally it's right up there with refusing to celebrate scoring (and making a big thing of it anyway) against some club you played for years back. Vomit-inducing most of the time.

16 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

it's right up there with refusing to celebrate scoring (and making a big thing of it anyway) against some club you played for years back

Years ago, we were strongly linked with Wes Hoolahan of Norwich in the summer window.

The season started and he hadn't moved to us, and we played them at home before the window closed.

Hoolahan scored for them, and refused to celebrate, doing the whole 'hands positioned to say 'not celebrating' thing'

Genuinely, refusing to celebrate scoring against a team you hadn't even joined yet.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

Years ago, we were strongly linked with Wes Hoolahan of Norwich in the summer window.

The season started and he hadn't moved to us, and we played them at home before the window closed.

Hoolahan scored for them, and refused to celebrate, doing the whole 'hands positioned to say 'not celebrating' thing'

Genuinely, refusing to celebrate scoring against a team you hadn't even joined yet.

Christ. That might genuinely be the corniest, most embarrassing thing i've ever read :icon_puke_r:

Edited by LionOfGosforth

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Christ. That might genuinely be the corniest, most embarrassing thing i've ever read :icon_puke_r:

I was cringeing as I wrote it.

Forgive me if it goes astray, but when i woke up this morning, could have sworn it was judgement day  <--- internal jukebox triggered after i wrote first line.

10 minutes ago, brummie said:

I was cringeing as I wrote it.

Forgive me if it goes astray, but when i woke up this morning, could have sworn it was judgement day  <--- internal jukebox triggered after i wrote first line.

From Wiki:

In January 2014, Hoolahan was the subject of transfer speculation from Aston Villa who reportedly had a bid of £1 million rejected. A few days after this reported bid, Hoolahan put in a transfer request which was turned down by the club. On 7 March, Hoolahan scored the opening goal against Villa in a 4–1 defeat, and executed a muted celebration.

Ghastly.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hopefully the memory of the non-celebration haunts him to his deathbed 

Although having said that, joining us in 2014 would have been akin to taking to your deathbed professionally.

4 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Tired of this new trend of emotional goodbyes on social media. Azpillceta’s must be about the fifth one this window. 

Take your money and fuck off lads.

:lol: Couldn't agree more.

It's like they're fucking moving into the afterlife, the way it's pitched :lol:

3 hours ago, brummie said:

Although having said that, joining us in 2014 would have been akin to taking to your deathbed professionally.

I yearn for the days of you shite houses signing players of the calibre of Wes fucking Hoolihan again...

;)

5 hours ago, brummie said:

No idea what Kululu is like but McKennie is absolutely shit.

Where’s this coming from? McKennie is a pretty good player. Was good at Juve. Leeds as a whole were shit last season. Hard to judge him on that. Always stands out for USA. 

15 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Where’s this coming from? McKennie is a pretty good player. Was good at Juve. Leeds as a whole were shit last season. Hard to judge him on that. Always stands out for USA. 

The NO mantra of No Thanks To Yanks™️

5 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Aye, him, Adams and Pulisic were all over England in the World Cup and were the better team on the night. 

We absolutely were. But they're still not ready to have that conversation on here. :lol: