Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Plenty of reasons why he might have struggled other than he's shit. Our recruitment has been spot on so far barring doubts over Gordon and has been given deserved credit for it. Ekiteke was their primary target since day one of the new regime. I'd still trust there's a player there somewhere especially at that money.

1 hour ago, Toon88 said:

Don’t get the hype with Ekitike. They signed him, and he’s been crap, hence why they want rid. In a dominant side, in a tinpot league, he’s struggled and scored 3 goals in 25 games. Awful. Glad we missed out on him. 

He’s clearly not awful. I watched him play a few times and he looked good. He struggled to get minutes and that’s hardly surprising given then players he was up against but it looked like the issue was more with his attitude than his ability. I’m sure he’ll have a very good career but I’d want us to steer clear at this point

Why are people so reactive? He's clearly got something about him if psg signed him at a young age and our management team wanted him. "3 in 25" as if he started more than a quarter of those matches 

No doubting he has talent. IMO, we should steer clear though. Questionable attitude, and one who didn’t fancy joining our project over a year ago. 

Doubt Ashworth and co will want to revisit this one, given the work they would have put into that deal, only to be dropped like a stone once PSG called. He chose money, which says a lot about him, and it’s ended up stagnating his development/career. Just something about his character which I don’t think would be a good fit. 

He's a kid who stayed at home to play with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. I can't fault living the dream and then knowing to get out when it turns out the bright lights were hiding the reality. Could be real growth from him here on out.

2 hours ago, Teslact said:

He's a kid who stayed at home to play with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. I can't fault living the dream and then knowing to get out when it turns out the bright lights were hiding the reality. Could be real growth from him here on out.

You're right. I also think we should avoid him for two reasons. 

1.) I don't think he's that good. He has a skillset that works for a team like Reims, but at PSG he looked quite awkward and clunky in tight spaces (from what I've seen). I think in Isak we have now what Ekitike was billed as potentially becoming one day. When money is tight I don't see a point in taking that risk and giving PSG 20m for the trouble. Last summer we could be a little bit more optimistic with our signings but the landscape has changed considerably. The expectation on the team is bigger and the wiggle room due to FFP is smaller. 

2.) If he comes here and doesn't work out early doors I can see fans turning on him really quick. 

Everton fan in the gym, yesterday, was getting quite depressed at the idea of Johnny Evans joining Ashley Young in the squad. 

Asked him about the Leeds lads & he reckons it's bolloxs. Quite resigned to relegation. 

He's a lovely lad but I still had that warm buzz inside ?

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Everton fan in the gym, yesterday, was getting quite depressed at the idea of Johnny Evans joining Ashley Young in the squad. 

Asked him about the Leeds lads & he reckons it's bolloxs. Quite resigned to relegation. 

What's the Leeds lads 

24 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

:lol:

Delicious.