Other clubs' transfers

Greg

55 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Until we see the fee (if it happens) nobody can say it's dodgy - there's obviously a fair value for him (probably around 30-35m). If he goes for 50-60m then we're obviously taking the piss [emoji38]

Like fuck is £50-60m taking the piss if Fabinho is going for forty fucking million. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

The rumoured fee seems to be in line with what other clubs are being offered for their players though. I'm not sure what angers fans of other clubs more, the idea that we won't do things by the book, or the lack of evidence that we aren't.

Yeah, loads of people are just looking after their own I think. That’s what fans do. Ultimately, what angers most fans is anything that’s good for other teams and by extension bad for them.

It angers me that a country can buy a club, but it primarily angered me that an oligarch could buy a club and just throw money at it. Chelsea was the straw that broke my back I think.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Good start to the Rice money.

—————-—?———————

-Barnes—Pacqueta——Bowen-

——Palhinha——Soucek———

If they somehow got Barnes, Palhinha & a top striker with the Rice money, that’s pretty tasty.

8 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

—————-—?———————

-Barnes—Pacqueta——Bowen-

——Palhinha——Soucek———

If they somehow got Barnes, Palhinha & a top striker with the Rice money, that’s pretty tasty.

I think Maguire on loan would be a good move for them too. Think he just needs a new environment. 

Saudis blowing FFP out the water, just wait until they start gazumping some of the established clubs for players.

One look at how they transformed the landscape in golf would say nothings beyond the realms with the sums at their disposal.

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think Maguire on loan would be a good move for them too. Think he just needs a new environment. 

Maguire's a really good defender in any side that sits quite deep and he's not in danger of getting turned, West Ham under Moyes would suit him.

8 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Maguire's a really good defender in any side that sits quite deep and he's not in danger of getting turned, West Ham under Moyes would suit him.

In a back 3/5 he's fine, its in a standard back 4 his lack of pace gets exposed. I can see Man U letting him go for £10-15m just to get his wages off the books.

36 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Saudis blowing FFP out the water, just wait until they start gazumping some of the established clubs for players.

One look at how they transformed the landscape in golf would say nothings beyond the realms with the sums at their disposal.

I've wondered about that along with Man United having to be wary of ffp after their recent slap on the wrist, the Mbappe situation (where can he go without a pay cut under ffp but Madrid and that might not be straight up) and some people moaning about the Saudi league whether ffp might get a reassessment.