Other clubs' transfers

Greg

25 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

I don’t think it works like this in 2023, it’s all about potential these days and what a manager such as Pep sees, did Barnes do anything at Leicester to earn his move to Newcastle.

I mean Barnes did score something like 13 league goals last season. That's more than any of our wingers. And for the previous 3 seasons, he's been a double-digit goalscoring winger across all comps - again something none of our wingers have done.

I agree that this is based on potential and what they saw of him at Sporting, rather than Wolves. But it's not the same as Barnes.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Nunes really hasn't done anything at Wolves to earn that move.

He did at Sporting though. Remember Pep saying positive things about him back then.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

50% sell on fee, city are playing FM :lol:

That Tommy Doyle is highly rated I think, so as they are only paying £5 million I think it's a fair deal.

If he does well he probably goes for around £40 million on the low end and Wolves still make a £15 million profit as they get £20 million of that fee.

They're basically giving Wolves the player for very little and only then collecting more money if he does well there and is eventually sold on.

I do like it when a club sells an asset for a lot of money and then go on a mad splurging spree.

Wolves are now linked with everyone under the sun, Forest signing everyone because they might be selling Johnson. Even Coventry signing expensive players after they sold their big Swede for loads of money

30 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

£45m. Fucking hell football is bonkers

My sources are saying this is done for £45m to Chelsea, I’m a bit gutted but the fee is bonkers so what can you do if Cole wants to leave.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Why is Palmer to Chelsea a thing?

Because he scored some goals on TV recently.

Never seen a club that buys players at their peak hype and so end up overpaying, like Boehly's Chelsea do.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Because he scored some goals on TV recently.

Never seen a club that buys players at their peak hype and so end up overpaying, like Boehly's Chelsea do.

In fairness Palmer does look very very good. 45m is a bit silly but it is what it is. 

Has Pep ever sold a young talent before that’s came back to bite him on the arse? (not literally. It’d be against health and safety for one thing)

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Does he not want to leave because Pep isn’t too fussed about him?

No Pep said it’s upto Cole Palmer - he can stay and will get game time or he can leave, Pep wanted him to stay but at the end of the day it was the player’s decision.

Im gutted because he was from my area Wythenshaw in Manchester, but £45m is crazy money to turn down.

1 minute ago, Maineblue said:

No Pep said it’s upto Cole Palmer - he can stay and will get game time or he can leave, Pep wanted him to stay but at the end of the day it was the player’s decision.

Im gutted because he was from my area Wythenshaw in Manchester, but £45m is crazy money to turn down.

“it’s up to Cole Palmer” isn’t really a ringing endorsement mind. If he thought really highly of him he’d have told them he’s not for sale at all. 

My guess based almost entirely on my own speculation is that he’s clearly a very good player but something about his attitude or his willingness to play in Pep’s style means that he either doesn’t value him as highly as his showings would suggest or that he’s trying to provoke a response from Palmer to see whether he’s got it in him to be a long-term player there