Other clubs' transfers

Greg

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

So Ekitike rejected a move to Frankfurt was it? And he’s now likely to be an outcast at PSG unless Saudi Arabia comes in for him in the next few days. Hard to look past him being a complete fucking imbecile at this point 

He rejected Frankfurt who are in the EL and have a great record of developing players and selling them on for big bucks and mega wages... because he wanted to go to Crystal Palace on loan. Just loan.

I can only think he wants the PL because it's a bigger stage but... over a team with a record like Frankfurt? Granted he didn't want a permanent move. But like? What?

Edited by The College Dropout

Ndombele and Sanchez off to Galatasaray. 

Eric Bailly signed for 1 year at Besiktas too. What a disappointment he was. I'm struggling to think of many big signings who go to Man Utd and actually get better, it's weird but feels like all their player investments just go up in flames. 

1 hour ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Eric Bailly signed for 1 year at Besiktas too. What a disappointment he was. I'm struggling to think of many big signings who go to Man Utd and actually get better, it's weird but feels like all their player investments just go up in flames. 

Was discussing this the other day, Fernandes is pretty much the only one who has consistently thrived.

6 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I think Turkish league signings are my favourite

Checked Fenerbahce squad the other day: Dzeko, Tadic, Josh King, Ryan Kent

Pure Turkish league

On 03/09/2023 at 10:24, Andy84 said:

Canny windfall they’ve had from Brennan Johnson.  Home grown as well wasn’t he for that FFP

There’s a canny article on SS about Forests transfers this summer, gives some insight. 

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think Turkish league signings are my favourite

Checked Fenerbahce squad the other day: Dzeko, Tadic, Josh King, Ryan Kent

Pure Turkish league

Bloody hell, Rangers are so weird. 

Between Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent, they just let 2 of their best players leave for nothing at the ages of 26 :lol:

11 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

At what point would someone investigate collusion? That'd be quarter of a billion for 4 30+ year olds, plus taking all their hefty wages off the books.

Obviously they are better then our aging players... But it does move the challenge of inflated fees for future purchases.

Say Miggy was to move next year we could easily ask for 50 million plus, as their market is not the going rate across Europe 

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Obviously they are better then our aging players... But it does move the challenge of inflated fees for future purchases.

Say Miggy was to move next year we could easily ask for 50 million plus, as their market is not the going rate across Europe 

We thought that about ASM but it didn't quite work out like that. Seems like the scrutiny of daft fees only kicks in when it's Newcastle involved.

It's evident that the Saudis are prioritising their league ahead of us but what can you do. £250m for Salah Henderson and Fabinho is sickening. If spent wisely they're basically set.

Edited by Menace

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

It's evident that the Saudis are prioritising their league ahead of us but what can you do. £250m for Salah Henderson and Fabinho is sickening. If spent wisely they're basically set.

Eh? They are spending as much as they are allowed to within the rules for us. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

I get what he's saying though, they are strengthening our rivals by buying all their 30+ year olds for daft fees they'd never get from normal leagues.

But obviously they are going to prioritise themselves, we'd do the same.

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

They’re prioritising because clearly those ludicrously inflated fees have a negative effect on NUFC, given they’re handing money to our rivals. 

It’s their money and it makes sense they’d prioritise their own teams, tbf. 

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Imagine the Saudi's buying past it Liverpool players in one summer for nearly the same amount they paid for our whole club. Would love to hear the scouse stance on that. 

This is why I have absolutely zero issue with it. I never wanted a Saudi leg-up anyway. 

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They’re prioritising because clearly those ludicrously inflated fees have a negative effect on NUFC, given they’re handing money to our rivals. 

It’s their money and it makes sense they’d prioritise their own teams, tbf. 

People said they were bailing Chelsea out but Arsenal and Man United gave them £120m for Mount with one year on his contract and Havertz. Even we will give them £30m for Hall. 

Fair enough if the pay that fee for Salah it will benefit Liverpool in the long term but it definitely lowers there chance at top 4 this season. 

Their aim is to make Newcatle the biggest club in Europe and I don't think they will ever hold back from spending as much as they are financially allowed to make that happen.