Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

That’s true, but we don’t see many cases of players of his stature at that stage of his career playing for a footballers minimum wage, it just doesn’t make sense. 

He needs to get his career back on track and probably views Barca as a great vehicle to do that. And the alternative is wasting away at Atletico.  Or Saudi. 

If things go well - he permanently moves there with all the monies.  Strike another lever or 2.  Taking short money to earn more down the line. 

Think it’s too early to be saying much about Mudryk. Think it’s been extremely difficult to look remotely good playing for Chelsea in the last 12-18 months. Both them and Man U are fascinating. It shows how much ownership matters and having the right structures in place as both clubs are incredibly toxic in different ways 

No doubt that Pepe is up there in the top 5 pound for pound shit PL signings of all time. Fucking crap.

At the very least, Veron and Shevchenko had some pedigree behind them.

Murdryk, I dare say, might well be up there in a year or two.

7 hours ago, Pata said:

I don’t think Mudryk should be on any list yet after six months in that circus. 

Aye. He's played 700 minutes at a deeply unsettled club. Absolutely silly to have him anywhere near an all time PL flop list. 

I'd say given the money, Sancho is a worse flop than Pepe as well. 

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's definetly up there considering he's one of the PLs most expensive signing. Other recent additions have to be Lukaku to Chelsea, Havertz to Chelsea, Maguire, Antony and Kepa.

Pogba for the cost as well.

10 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Pepe’s numbers were good. Think he had good numbers in France last season, too. Set up the winning goal in the 2020 FA Cup final. It was either Arteta not trusting him in the system he was creating or the emergence of Saka. 

Yeah he scored 16 in 80 as a winger in the PL, not amazing but also definitely not the biggest flop either.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Aye. He's played 700 minutes at a deeply unsettled club. Absolutely silly to have him anywhere near an all time PL flop list. 

I'd say given the money, Sancho is a worse flop than Pepe as well. 

I would say Antony is on course to be worse than both of them

6 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Yeah he scored 16 in 80 as a winger in the PL, not amazing but also definitely not the biggest flop either.

I think it was the fact Arsenal went full Seth Johnson wages with the fee. They apparently launched a full internal investigation into it.

On Mudryk, he will be a monster flop. Odd Todd tried to show he’s got the biggest balls and it’ll backfire spectacularly on so many of their signings. In 10 years Chelsea will be in textbooks somewhere about business mismanagement.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Certainly. Too early just yet though.

Will Ten Haag ever try to coach him to actually run forward and create something. The guy has so much to his game except actually trying to go for goal. Perfect player if you’re up 2-0 and just want to keep possession as he’ll do his fullback only to run back and pass it back again. Expected so much from him after his time at Ajax, but guy looks clueless after he has beat his man. Must be frustrating as a Man U supporter. 

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Will Ten Haag ever try to coach him to actually run forward and create something. The guy has so much to his game except actually trying to go for goal. Perfect player if you’re up 2-0 and just want to keep possession as he’ll do his fullback only to run back and pass it back again. Expected so much from him after his time at Ajax, but guy looks clueless after he has beat his man. Must be frustrating as a Man U supporter. 

He's a greedy bastard. Always trying to cut inside and shoot. He did show signs the last couple of games of going to the byline and crossing in which was a welcome sight, but aye, one of the most frustrating players we've ever had. 

Very unlikeable as well. Typical Brazilian Flip.