Other clubs' transfers

Greg

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nowhere near imo.

Shevchenko, Veron, and Mudryk all come to mind before him and loads more if I sat and thought about it.

Mourinho didn’t want Shevchenko though iirc? Did he not shunt him out wide at times with him already having Drogba up top?

Not denying he flopped btw, just looking for excuses for one of my favourite players growing up. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's a greedy bastard. Always trying to cut inside and shoot. He did show signs the last couple of games of going to the byline and crossing in which was a welcome sight, but aye, one of the most frustrating players we've ever had. 

Being a greedy bastard is not my view at all. Actually the opposite, he’s extremely unselfish. He’ll take a needless shot or twice a game from outside the box but, so will half your team as its poorly managed and lacks ideas offensively, that doesn’t however make him selfish. His biggest problem is that I don’t think he’s an intelligent player nor has he learnt the basics of the 11 v 11 football. He has the technique, speed, work rate to succeed but think it was Shaka Hislop that put it perfectly after the WC defeat to Croatia when he said he’s never seen a player beat his man so easily so many times and yet not actually do anything. He’ll basically dribble the opponent, get to the byline and then let the defender recover and pass it back.

Needs a proper manager to coach him the basics if he ”survives” the things he’s being accused of. 

As for being unlikeable, there are a few non-Brazilians in your squad that are on the same level if not worse. Starting with your fraudulent manager.

39 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I think it was the fact Arsenal went full Seth Johnson wages with the fee. They apparently launched a full internal investigation into it.

On Mudryk, he will be a monster flop. Odd Todd tried to show he’s got the biggest balls and it’ll backfire spectacularly on so many of their signings. In 10 years Chelsea will be in textbooks somewhere about business mismanagement.

Great point. I think they've tried to do the whole modern day investment thing of throwing lots of money at different things, expecting most to flop but hoping the winners have such a big upside it pays for all the flops too

40 minutes ago, Flip said:

Will Ten Haag ever try to coach him to actually run forward and create something. The guy has so much to his game except actually trying to go for goal. Perfect player if you’re up 2-0 and just want to keep possession as he’ll do his fullback only to run back and pass it back again. Expected so much from him after his time at Ajax, but guy looks clueless after he has beat his man. Must be frustrating as a Man U supporter. 

He's basically an expensive version of Obertan but with a party trick

11 minutes ago, Flip said:

Being a greedy bastard is not my view at all. Actually the opposite, he’s extremely unselfish. He’ll take a needless shot or twice a game from outside the box but, so will half your team as its poorly managed and lacks ideas offensively, that doesn’t however make him selfish.

Your view is wrong. :lol: He's a selfish player. Maybe not for Brazil but certainly for us. There's often overlapping runs or Bruno Fernandes who's the most creative player in the league waiting for the ball and Antony will shoot instead from an impossible angle. 

We don't lack ideas offensively either. We just don't have a striker. Haven't for a long time now. As said above we have Bruno Fernandes who created more chances and big chances than anyone else and had the highest xA in the league last season, but didn't have a striker on the end of the chances. Hojlund has shown more in 20 minutes than Weghorst did in 30 appearances.

Give me Obertan over Antony.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Your view is wrong. :lol: He's a selfish player. Maybe not for Brazil but certainly for us. There's often overlapping runs or Bruno Fernandes who's the most creative player in the league waiting for the ball and Antony will shoot instead from an impossible angle. 

We don't lack ideas offensively either. We just don't have a striker. Haven't for a long time now. As said above we have Bruno Fernandes who created more chances and big chances than anyone else and had the highest xA in the league last season, but didn't have a striker on the end of the chances. Hojlund has shown more in 20 minutes than Weghorst did in 30 appearances.

Give me Obertan over Antony.

Froggy, you’re delusional. xG loverboy. Of all the decent sides Man U had the worst non-penalty xG in the league last season (6th). Ten Haag is shit, so is Antony.

Agree with the last sentence though.

I think Antony- if not suspended or impeded by these actions ( which looks likely ) - might come good. He reminds me a lot of Almiron, don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as people make out. @Froggy I disagree with you even I think he’s better than you make out 

Man United as a whole don’t look in a bad way , all their signings have been upgraded on their other players and they finished 3rd and won a cup last season and made another cup final

If this striker works and stays fit it will transform them he looks very good

Theres some delusion amongst newcastle fans about man United. I think it will be close who finishes higher between us and them…

The negative in man Uniteds side is the fact Wan bissaka starts for them and they are an injury away from Maguire / Evans / Dalot / Reguilon… Mctominay is way better than he is made out to be and would probably start half the games for us if we had signed him

Don’t think Evans/ Maguire as 4/5th choice is worse than Lascelles and Dummet, in fact it’s better

Onana is better than Pope in the modern game he’s a very good signing 

Mount for me leaves a lot in question, him coming good could be a big part in where Man U finish, where Tonali and Isak for us will also

1 hour ago, tgarve said:

I think Antony- if not suspended or impeded by these actions ( which looks likely ) - might come good. He reminds me a lot of Almiron, don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as people make out. @Froggy I disagree with you even I think he’s better than you make out 

Man United as a whole don’t look in a bad way , all their signings have been upgraded on their other players and they finished 3rd and won a cup last season and made another cup final

If this striker works and stays fit it will transform them he looks very good

Theres some delusion amongst newcastle fans about man United. I think it will be close who finishes higher between us and them…

The negative in man Uniteds side is the fact Wan bissaka starts for them and they are an injury away from Maguire / Evans / Dalot / Reguilon… Mctominay is way better than he is made out to be and would probably start half the games for us if we had signed him

Don’t think Evans/ Maguire as 4/5th choice is worse than Lascelles and Dummet, in fact it’s better

Onana is better than Pope in the modern game he’s a very good signing 

Mount for me leaves a lot in question, him coming good could be a big part in where Man U finish, where Tonali and Isak for us will also

OIP.aZfHgIukOd9fK6CIM8fSMgHaFR?pid=ImgDe

Edited by loki679

4 minutes ago, loki679 said:

OIP.aZfHgIukOd9fK6CIM8fSMgHaFR?pid=ImgDe

I’m not saying he would play ahead of Tonali Bruno but he’s at par with or better than longstaff, and probably not much off Joelinton can’t see us playing the same 3 every game also… depends where willock fits also

19 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Good thing that back line isn’t going up against an in form Brighton anytime soon…oh wait…

Neither of them will play at the weekend.

Likely AWB, Lindelof, Martinez and Dalot

55 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Man Utd now waiting until 2025 to sell the club wanting 10 billion greedy bastards,

Surely the fa should step in now and check if this is a fair market value dont think so. 

I wonder if the buyers will move onto Liverpool now