Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

What's with this trend on here recently of acting like morals are purely subjective? If there was no collective, objective morality we wouldn't have civilisations or laws, for a start. 

Well everyone is now throwing out everything your civilisation and laws were based on? it's nothing you guys believe in anymore right?

Well no, there are still plenty of laws and universal morals that apply globally and broadly across cultures and societes, not just in the west or the UK. eg murder and stealing are generally illegal everywhere, at least rhetorically. There are plenty more examples that are universal rather than (unless you want to count the 0.0000000001% who think murder is fine for example) broadly subjective. 

6 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Hes had the injury for a year but its minor...Its a minor injury but its plagued him...Its a minor injury but can only play with injections...Hes had the injury for a year but Manure detected it....

Who writes this shit? :lol:

:lol: It reads like everything was fine, then in the medical they “detected” an injury, then Amrabat said “oh THAT injury? That one that’s plagued me for a year and that I need multiple pain-killing injections for? Yeah that’s a thing.”

https://www.football365.com/news/chelsea-enzo-fernandez-transfer-bomb-seriously-considering-exit-merson

The report adds that is ‘partly due to a football level below expectations’  and that Fernandez is ‘seriously considering his departure from the London club if his situation in the team does not improve under the direction of’ Mauricio Pochettino.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's probably total nonsense like, but if it is true something tells me he won't have much problem with leaving and Chelsea will have the opposite problem with most of the players they've signed.

Who will help them recoup on that daft fee? I think the problem with players in that price bracket is you have such a small market to sell them to. (Ok Saudi has slightly changed that dynamic). 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Who will help them recoup on that daft fee? I think the problem with players in that price bracket is you have such a small market to sell them to. (Ok Saudi has slightly changed that dynamic). 

Boehly and Chelsea don't seem to be concerned with trivial things like this. :lol: If they're not where they need to be, they'll want the wages off the books and as much of the transfer fee recouped as possible, but I can't see them quibling if someone came in with an £80m fee or lower. And as you say, the Saudis very well might. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Boehly and Chelsea don't seem to be a club concerned with trivial things like this. :lol: If they're not where they need to be, they'll want the wages off the books and as much of the transfer fee recouped as possible, but I can't see them quibling if someone came in with an £80m fee or lower. And as you say, the Saudis very well might. 

I mean big Todd strategy doesn’t make much sense to be honest. Given what he’s spent he needs to get back 3.5b no chance, unless he can find a mug to sell it to. 

But also, an element of pride exists for these people, they really wouldn’t want to make a loss on him. 

Could be wrong but I’m under the impression that Chelsea aren’t paying these guy’s ridiculous wages (or at least the wages are linked to performance) so  they will likely take a loss on the fees but they may not have too many situations where players won’t leave due to their wages. 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Could be wrong but I’m under the impression that Chelsea aren’t paying these guy’s ridiculous wages (or at least the wages are linked to performance) so  they will likely take a loss on the fees but they may not have too many situations where players won’t leave due to their wages. 

This is indeed what is claimed yes, and If it’s true these players have terrible agents. 

Tbf Chelsea still have appeal for players due to their recent(ish) success. We’ve seen with Barca and a few other clubs that there are instances where players take lower wages to play at what they see  as a ‘blue chip’ club. 

For example Joao Felix is only getting £7k p/w at Barca!

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Tbf Chelsea still have appeal for players due to their recent(ish) success. We’ve seen with Barca and a few other clubs that there are instances where players take lower wages to play at what they see  as a ‘blue chip’ club. 

For example Joao Felix is only getting £7k p/w at Barca!

Is he really? That sounds highly suspect. 

I know what your saying and it’s precisely what makes the agents so bad, if you can’t command a top salary at somewhere like Chelsea and they’ve paid a 100m fee for you then something is wrong :lol:

you take the lower salary at a stepping stone club. 

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If they have an appalling season I could see him going somewhere like Liverpool for £70m+

They’ll have to hold him hostage. They won’t make the £100m back and the contract is longer than hell. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

That makes no sense at all, I wonder if he’s being paid the Roberto Mancini way? But surely he’s not worth the hassle. 

But Joao Felix has earned 10’s of millions at Atletico already. He can cope for a year. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

They’ll have to hold him hostage. They won’t make the £100m back and the contract is longer than hell. 

But Joao Felix has earned 10’s of millions at Atletico already. He can cope for a year. 

That’s true, but we don’t see many cases of players of his stature at that stage of his career playing for a footballers minimum wage, it just doesn’t make sense.