Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye. Pretty sure the PL prefer the Norwich, Sheff Utd approach though. Go down meakly, provide entertainment to overseas fans by allowing the big clubs to score 5-6 goals against them with ease. Lovely stuff. 

Removal of relegation by stealth. Get what they wanted by gaming the system 

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

Duran will go to Chelsea for an inflated price and Gallagher will go to Villa for an inflated price. Both win from a PSR perspective and the overall difference between values remains the same. 

Isn’t that specifically what Juve and Barca got done for?

IIRC @brummie recently mentioned that Luiz looked a shell of his former self this past season and he wouldn’t be surprised/bothered if Luiz was moved on.

McKennie was Juventus’s assists leader last season. He’s clearly a good player if utilized correctly. Being dropped in mid-season to a drowning Leeds side isn’t a fair assessment of his ability.

52 minutes ago, Deuce said:

IIRC @brummie recently mentioned that Luiz looked a shell of his former self this past season and he wouldn’t be surprised/bothered if Luiz was moved on.

McKennie was Juventus’s assists leader last season. He’s clearly a good player if utilized correctly. Being dropped in mid-season to a drowning Leeds side isn’t a fair assessment of his ability.

I expect Emery to get a tune out of McKennie.

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

Replacing Luiz with McKennie is akin to replacing Cabaye with Colback. 

At least Colback wasn’t 20 clem 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

At least Colback wasn’t 20 clem 

:lol: he’s going to put Fat Ronaldo to shame the second he retires.

4 hours ago, Nucasol said:

So we’re happy for the Sinister Six to cannibalise their nearest upstart contenders? All good here, nothing to see in the World’s Most Competitive League.

It's a fair point, buts it's also fair to point out that players can say no to any move.

8 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just seen that Luiz deal and can’t help but think Villa don’t want to progress.

That price too, proper bonkers.

The fact the deal is concluding in June makes me think it’s an FFP/PSR fire sale. Luiz had 2 years left on his contract and would be after a bumper deal.  Sell him now. Don’t know how the accounting will work out but they might be able to claim at as a £50m transfer with the other players as add-ons to the fee. I don’t know how that one works out. 

IMO it’s the type of sale Ashworth might’ve done for Joelinton if we needed the FFP/PSR headroom.  

Pretty sure Brummie has said that the amortisation on Luiz is already done, so selling him is that 'pure FFP profit' that their owner talked about. 

Villa having to sell Luiz in a rush, for under market value because of stupid rules in place to stop clubs challenging is genuinely sickening. I could somewhat understand it if they hadnt made CL but they have. 

Its an absolute disgrace and is completely ruining the league. Im not sure if I can be arsed with it all while anti-competitive FFP remains in place. Its all we ever fucking hear about. Killing my enjoyment of it. You hear way more about the business side of the game than the actual players and football itself. 

They're also selling Duran and Cash seemingly for good money. To be honest all seems like good moves early to me - clearing headway for significant investment. This is what we're struggling to do given lack of interest in our players.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Villa having to sell Luiz in a rush, for under market value because of stupid rules in place to stop clubs challenging is genuinely sickening. I could somewhat understand it if they hadnt made CL but they have. 

Its an absolute disgrace and is completely ruining the league. Im not sure if I can be arsed with it all while anti-competitive FFP remains in place. Its all we ever fucking hear about. Killing my enjoyment of it. You hear way more about the business side of the game than the actual players and football itself. 

Just wait till the Villa fans realise they could potentially get less money for doing better than City, Arse or Pool in the CL.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

If it is Illing Junior and McKennie and 20m, then that's not hugely under market value. Although I do agree with your general point re FFP. 

If we are maneouvring around PSR constraints then that's understandable. 

Also, looks like Chelsea are giving us 40m for Jhon Duran.

He's very promising but apparently a nightmare in training and prone to petulance, something even other players have hinted at.

15 - 40m in a year is good going.

That McKennie is a decent player and Emery will get a tune out of him. He's had some good seasons at Juve. That loan at Leeds was a blip in comparison.

And Illing-Junior is highly thought of and we've even been linked with him a fair bit. He's really young too.

Those two plus £20 million for Luiz is not a bad deal for Villa at all.

That's 2 years in a row Chelsea have overpaid for a Villa fringe player for no reason you can point to beyond Chelsea's hateful oniomania.

Edited by Kid Icarus

If Chelsea's plan upfront is to have Jackson and Duran that is a good sign.

I like both players, but neither are fully polished or fully reliable enough to lead the line as the main man yet.

17 minutes ago, brummie said:

If it is Illing Junior and McKennie and 20m, then that's not hugely under market value. Although I do agree with your general point re FFP. 

If we are maneouvring around PSR constraints then that's understandable. 

Also, looks like Chelsea are giving us 40m for Jhon Duran.

He's very promising but apparently a nightmare in training and prone to petulance, something even other players have hinted at.

15 - 40m in a year is good going.

Sounds like he'll fit right in at Chelsea then