Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, KaKa said:

He came through as a kid, what did you expect him to be on?

Understandable. He'll probably be on 100k+ if he signs a new contract. Just though it was weird because Smith Rowe is on 40k and Martinelli 90k but they probably signed long term contracts recently. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, OCK said:

I hope Eriksen doesn't go to Man U, he's better than that. 

He’ll be one of a handful there with a heart…

19 hours ago, Away Toon said:

If Jesus is really going to get paid 220k a week by Arsenal, it illustrates how much money we are going to have to be prepared to pay especially on wages to ever compete with the so called top 6. What is the top wage at the club? Maybe a 100k.

Bring on the salary cap and quickly.

We don't want this.

The only way to catch-up is to overspend on quality talent.

On Saka - he signed a contract when he first came through. He only has 2 years left on his deal. If he doesn't sign by this time next year - they will be forced to sell (if he has a good season).

Guest HTT II

He’s probably their biggest saleable asset, if they sign Raphina I can see them selling him for big money!

48 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Understandable. He'll probably be on 100k+ if he signs a new contract. Just though it was weird because Smith Rowe is on 40k and Martinelli 90k but they probably signed long term contracts recently. 

Yeah, they're currently working on a new deal for him.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s probably their biggest saleable asset, if they sign Raphina I can see them selling him for big money!

Saka - I think it's best for the lad to not sign or ask to leave. If he has another good year next season, he'll probably be available for something like £50-60m.

If he has a middling season. He'll still get £100k p/w+ at Arsenal in February 23.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Italian clubs must love doing business with Prem clubs. The Lukaku and Pogba situations have been an absolute fleecing.

Appalling transfers for both clubs, top players on their day, but not arsed enough these days and probably not best suited to the PL.

Edited by HTT II

43 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Didn;t you claim ITK and say we were signing Saka?

Guest HTT II
Just now, joeyt said:

Didn;t you claim ITK and say we were signing Saka?

I think I said we enquired about him and I guarantee if we thought he was available we’d be all over it, even at 60m +

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Wonder what Juve are paying him since he felt 300k a week was ‘nothing’. 

Not as much, apparently, but it’s balanced by the free transfer signing on fee lump sum.

Aside from Messi and to a lesser extent Ronaldo, has any player who’s been paid more than 250k a week improved on their game (or even maintained that standard) from when they were on less than 100k?

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Aside from Messi and to a lesser extent Ronaldo, has any player who’s been paid more than 250k a week improved on their game (or even maintained that standard) from when they were on less than 100k?

Short term possibly De Bruyne.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sterling?

I think we’ve seen his best and it’s downhill from here so am not sure if he’s even maintaining levels from previous seasons.

Thats not to say he isn’t a very very good player, he’s still excellent but my point is that wages at a point higher than 200-250k a week have for the most part played a negative part in the trajectory of both club and player.

If you’re earning that sort of money, many many times more than a manager etc, you’ll never respect them fully. It’s fuck you money essentially.

And then for a club, if you’re paying that sort of money it creates a culture of entitlement while being unmotivated due to the colossal amounts of money involved.

Man Utd are a prime example of this.

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think we’ve seen his best and it’s downhill from here so am not sure if he’s even maintaining levels from previous seasons.

Thats not to say he isn’t a very very good player, he’s still excellent but my point is that wages at a point higher than 200-250k a week have for the most part played a negative part in the trajectory of both club and player.

If you’re earning that sort of money, many many times more than a manager etc, you’ll never respect them fully. It’s fuck you money essentially.

And then for a club, if you’re paying that sort of money it creates a culture of entitlement while being unmotivated due to the colossal amounts of money involved.

Man Utd are a prime example of this.

Looking at the big wage earners:

https://squaremile.com/sport/five-highest-paid-football-players-2022/

Mbappe obviously stands out as delivering along with De Bruyne and Lewandowski. Messi and Ronaldo no issues given what they’ve done. Bale and Hazard a disaster.

Also PSG and FFP - no mention of Ramos and Donnarumma who will be on stupid money too.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Looking at the big wage earners:

https://squaremile.com/sport/five-highest-paid-football-players-2022/

Mbappe obviously stands out as delivering along with De Bruyne and Lewandowski. Messi and Ronaldo no issues given what they’ve done. Bale and Hazard a disaster.

Also PSG and FFP - no mention of Ramos and Donnarumma who will be on stupid money too.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/psg-players-salaries/amp/

Ramos and Donnarumma aren’t on as high as you’d think, in fairness. Plus, despite Bale’s fondness of golf, lack of selection for Real, and injury label, he’s actually done pretty well there and is probably worthy of his wage in relation to the other players.