Other clubs' transfers

Greg

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We're expected to agree De Jong deal this week apparently. £65m + add ons. Barca wanting £74m upfront. Agreement close.

Personally think that’s a great deal for you, but not guaranteed success without a number of other upgrades too

24 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Personally think that’s a great deal for you, but not guaranteed success without a number of other upgrades too

He's a great player but I'm still worried that he doesn't really want to come. This summer was about getting rid of players who don't want to be there. :lol:

If Eriksen wants to come to us that's basically a done deal as well. It's not one of the other, Ten Hag wants both. I can actually see him staying at Brentford.

Always really liked Mane. A brilliant player who kept his feet firmly on the ground and just got on with his football. Does so much charity work and never forgets his home in Africa. Football is full of prima donnas who aren't fit to lace Mane's boots. He'll be a great addition to Bayern and a big loss to Liverpool.

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Everton trying to buy Winks. Such a Lampard/Everton overpriced and over rated  transfer. 

Winks was really coming along well under Pochettino, but then Mourinho ...

Think people are really harsh on Winks. Has a lot of decent qualities for a team looking to play and use the ball.

He'll be better than a lot of the midfielders they have over there at Everton.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Such an Everton signing.

Actually think him and Tarkowski are sound signings.

Aye, Everton must have a massive squad of average players now though 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Such an Everton signing.

Actually think him and Tarkowski are sound signings.

Tarkowski isn’t sound. Nor is Winks. Both average plodders. 

I don't remember Winks getting all this grief when he was doing well at Spurs under Poch.

Think this all started due to performances for England, and then also once Mourinho went to Spurs. Both more defensive setups.

From what I can see, if he's not playing for a manger that sets his team up to use the ball more, then he doesn't do well.

Don't really like Lampard, but he's not a defensive manager, and so I think Winks will do well there. Be interesting.

Great signing for Arsenal, this could be their season for getting back in the top 4. They’ll be desperate to make it happen next season otherwise I can’t see it happening again for a long time 

Chelsea need to worry next season, as with Spurs and Arsenal strengthening, and them now being under new ownership I can see them dropping out the top 4. 

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Liverpool may drop off a touch next season, as a sort of "Transition" year for them, don't think they'll drop out the top 4, but just stop going toe to toe with City.

Just now, 54 said:

Chelsea need to worry next season, as with Spurs and Arsenal strengthening, and them now being under new ownership I can see them dropping out the top 4. 

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Liverpool may drop off a touch next season, as a sort of "Transition" year for them, don't think they'll drop out the top 4, but just stop going toe to toe with City.

City

Liverpool

Spurs

Chelsea

Man U

Arsenal