Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 hours ago, brummie said:

He says, sat there in his 1982 European Cup winning vintage shirt. You’re fooling nobody. 

See you in the away end first day of the season. 

Not a chance. He’s afraid of heights :lol:

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I was thinking about all the players who BHA have sold on for significant amounts I struggle to think of one who has been an outstanding success at their new clubs, White, Bissouma, Maupay etc etc. Interesting to see if Caicedo is a success if sold or if Mac Allister does it at Liverpool.

Edited by FloydianMag

It's an interesring point like, we see first hand with our own players how our style of play (and Eddie's coaching) can make a player look much better. Just in our case it seems to have the opposite effect on a player's value - the previous mismanagement sort of being accepted as their true level. If Willock was a Brighton player he would be getting far greater praise than he does here for example.

Mac Allister did well at the World Cup, but in general there could be an element of players just looking great in Brighton's system and that not translating as well elsewhere, which makes buying from them a bit of a rippoff.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

39 minutes ago, Froggy said:

@KaKa Looks like Hojlund was first choice for us and PSG, with Ramos second. Now we've got Hojlund they've moved for Ramos.

Hope we've got the right one. :lol:

Good luck man!

I actually like Hojlund and think he'll end up being good. He's a big, strong and quick and has decent technique. He'll suit the Premier League.

Bug fan of Ramos though and would have gone with him instead as I just think his game is more versatile. Gets involved in play more while still being a legit goal threat in the box.

I think if you end up playing with a number 10 proper then Hojlund will work well, but in more of a 4-3-3 setup I like Ramos dropping into the half spaces better.

I haven't seen much of Ramos other than the WC and a couple of Champions League games, but at this moment in time he looks more complete than Hojlund. That's not to say the latter doesn't have a higher ceiling though. His all round game needs a lot of polishing, but he's talented.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I haven't seen much of Ramos other than the WC and a couple of Champions League games, but at this moment in time he looks more complete than Hojlund. That's not to say the latter doesn't have a higher ceiling though. His all round game needs a lot of polishing, but he's talented.

Yeah, both are talented. Atalanta and Benfica were on a fair amount on BT sport last season, so saw them both a fair bit. Really like Ramos as a complete package, but Hojlund does have the athletic freak factor that can be such a plus in the Premier League.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

On the James Alcott YouTube he showed Hojlund dropping deep a lot to link the play. I’ve ever actually seen him play though. 

Yeah, I'm not trying to imply he can't do so at all, just like Ramos all around game more. When Nunez was still at Benfica he even played as an attacking mid at times.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Given we’re lacking in the RW department and the state of the inflated fees for Premier League players I’m a bit disappointed we’re not interested at that price. 

On 01/08/2023 at 04:04, wiseman said:

Probably will come to regret saying this, but I struggle to see their league ever being anything more then a novelty. They're signing amazing players, but it's still a handful of players across a whole league. Buying top quality defenders will never seen as exciting so I can't see them doing that, so we may end up with world class attackers playing against part time defences.

Their clubs will still need to build the entire infrastructure and depth that most professional clubs have and this will take time, even with unlimited wealth behind them.

The whole thing with their league just feels soulless

One thing I've hardly thought about with the Saudi League and I've not really seen mentioned is the straightforward matter of the climate. Their league starts next weekend and it's currently 45 degrees in Riyadh. Looks like it stays close to 30 degrees there until almost November.

Good luck putting a consistently entertaining product out to rival Europe in those conditions.

10 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's an interesring point like, we see first hand with our own players how our style of play (and Eddie's coaching) can make a player look much better. Just in our case it seems to have the opposite effect on a player's value - the previous mismanagement sort of being accepted as their true level. If Willock was a Brighton player he would be getting far greater praise than he does here for example.

Mac Allister did well at the World Cup, but in general there could be an element of players just looking great in Brighton's system and that not translating as well elsewhere, which makes buying from them a bit of a rippoff.

In general, clubs should be careful about paying high prices for players from Dortmund, Brighton, RB etc. as they have very clearly defined style of plays and pick players who fit that mould. There will always be Gundogan or Lewa who shine in most systems, but a majority of these signings wont live up to their reputation once they are outside the system. 

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Good luck man!

I actually like Hojlund and think he'll end up being good. He's a big, strong and quick and has decent technique. He'll suit the Premier League.

Bug fan of Ramos though and would have gone with him instead as I just think his game is more versatile. Gets involved in play more while still being a legit goal threat in the box.

I think if you end up playing with a number 10 proper then Hojlund will work well, but in more of a 4-3-3 setup I like Ramos dropping into the half spaces better.

kaka man. :rant:

22 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

The main guy behind Leicester died and the family money machine stalled. Those are the big points of imo. The rest is a consequence of all that. 

Bloom is the best owner in England.  HE Didn’t hire Ashworth by mistake.  He didn’t hire DeZerbi by mistake.  He’s the smartest operator around. As long as he’s there, Brighton will be good.  

Before Leicester, there was Southampton. Their owner died, daughter wasn't all that interested, the background team started leaving one by one leading to the current situation.

As long as Bloom is around, Brighton will be more than fine. He is the best poker player among all owners in Europe. He pulled Chelsea's pants down with the Cucurella and Potter. At some point, they will stumble and maybe even get relegated. But in the long term, Brighton will be fine. I expect the same out of Leicester, by the way. I know the previous owner's son isn't as invested into Leicester as the previous owner. But they have put together a good footballing infrastructure. In a couple of years, they will be back up and established as a PL team. 

47 minutes ago, Ben said:

Every club in division 1 and 2 haven't spent a penny in transfer fees this season 

Really? Thats appalling if true. English football needs a proper shake up. 
No chance of it though. The English way is rarely careful for thought and planning. It’s nearly always exploiting the most right now, even if unsustainable. Sometimes especially so…