Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If they can prove people in his team bet on it then he is done.

From joining the treble winners to potentially facing a career ending ban, I wonder what odds you could get on that?

Ask his hairdresser

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Well within his rights to put in the request, but I do find it a bit rich that he thinks he’s earned a move. Promising young player, but it’s not as though the Champo is somehow beneath him.

The fact this came out when he was on the brink of a move to the best club side in the world.. call me a conspiracy theorist but it’s hell of a coincidence. 

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

The fact this came out when he was on the brink of a move to the best club side in the world.. call me a conspiracy theorist but it’s hell of a coincidence. 

it was probably Todd :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I don't see a conspiracy. Would've been a massive mess like the Sala case if he had moved before the accusations were made. Think FA (if it was them) are doing the right thing by letting Man City know about this beforehand.

Just now, Pata said:

I don't see a conspiracy. Would've been a massive mess like the Sala case if he had moved before the accusations were made. Think FA (if it was them) are doing the right thing by letting Man City know about this beforehand.

Man City would look to launch a claim for compensation against the FA if they knew an investigation was taking place and still ratified the deal.

The Paqueta dodginess was in a match against us that ended in a draw.

The only fair result is that we are awarded a win. Which means we finished a place higher, and thus will be in the Europa League.

Has anyone got a phone number for Brighton? I need to break the bad news.

38 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Well within his rights to put in the request, but I do find it a bit rich that he thinks he’s earned a move. Promising young player, but it’s not as though the Champo is somehow beneath him.

He was told he wouldn't be picked for Italy if he's playing in the Championship, which is why he's been pushing so hard for a move.

42 minutes ago, Pata said:

My comment was meant to sound a bit tongue in cheek, not sure it came across that way now :lol:

48 minutes ago, Deuce said:

He’s in the Italy squad and there’s no chance he’s staying there playing at Leeds. At the same time I can’t imagine he’ll thrive under Dyche. 

Leeds fans proper hate him now either way. Carried on like a right little twat.

Will they be able to prove it was him though, the accounts were people close to him, we dont know how much money they have. He could just say I gave them cash and its up to them how they spend it, its dodgy but it could be hard to pin down.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Will they be able to prove it was him though, the accounts were people close to him, we dont know how much money they have. He could just say I gave them cash and its up to them how they spend it, its dodgy but it could be hard to pin down.

That’s not the issue. If he’s acted deliberately to trigger a bet (for whoever’s benefit) that’s not just a sporting infringement- it’s a crime. Asif and Amir (England v Pakistan cricket) did time in jail for their no-balls.

59 minutes ago, Ben said:

Seems as the bets were placed on an accumulator with another player based from Rio De Janeiro called Luiz Henrique that plays for Betis that also picked up a yellow card in the 89th minute for complaining the same day. He was dropped from the U23 national team because of the same reason.

Both players also picked up a yellow on May 21 against Leeds and Sevilla respectively…

Unless both were threatened with having their families kidnapped and killed (which would be the only half logical thing although more likely they thought because the bets were placed in Brazil they would be fine…), they will both be banned from football. In Brazil there has been similar cases lately with 2 years ban from football given and I think that would be the only fair thing to do although I wouldn’t mind a five year ban for disrespecting the sport. 

Edited by Flip

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

That’s not the issue. If he’s acted deliberately to trigger a bet (for whoever’s benefit) that’s not just a sporting infringement- it’s a crime. Asif and Amir (England v Pakistan cricket) did time in jail for their no-balls.

Do think there’s a higher requirement for evidence for criminal offence though, I think that is much more difficult. Wasn’t Xhaka freed a few years ago because they couldn’t prove  he was involved in a max bet placed on him getting a yellow in the last 10minutes (which he got for complaining to ref)?