Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

To be fair to them, they're normally brilliant in the market. There's just a sense of desperation this time around given their performance last season.

And after putting it off so long - they now do have to rebuild

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Didn’t they bring someone new in with the responsibility for negotiating deals?

Honestly no idea. Always thought they negotiated well and moved very quickly with transfers but I don't know who it was they had in charge of it all.

In actuality the MacAllister deal was so good due to that clause that if you actually look at the total spent for both Caicedo and MacAllister together it is probably around the right value for the pair.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So they've accepted a bid, but won't let him go? :lol:

There's some fucked up clubs around the league at the moment. I'm thinking top 4 could be a possibility again. 

WTF 

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Jurgen Klopp, who said this after Manchester United brought Pogba back for silly money:

“The day that spending £100m is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together. That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful. If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney. Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.”

RAWK: you're not factoring in inflation

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I worry about Brighton like. Can see about 10 years of Southampton being concised into 3 years there if they have one dodgy summer. They can't keep losing players like that and finding gems  who just slot in every year. 

With the money they are raking in they will start signing better first team players like João Pedro and Kudus if they can convince him, and the young gems will keep coming in at the youth levels.

Don't think Brighton are going anywhere. Southampton's operation was nowhere near this slick.