Other clubs' transfers

Greg

12 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I know it’s fashionable to think Nuñez is shit, but I really do think he’s going to be outrageously good for them. He’s got 20+ goals/season potential.

He's going to be special and he's already good. People act like he scored twice last season. He scored 15 goals for them. :lol:

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

He’s awful - suppose medium term cover for Mings

He's not awful. He's also very good on the ball and with the passing forward, which is what UE loves.

Emery killing two birds with one stone. Mings out for the season probably. We also need another option at RB, which is where he sometimes uses Konsa. Only now, given we are a CB down, that is riskier. So bringing in Lenglet for the season makes it easier for him to push Konsa to right back, which means we don't have to buy another dedicated RB.

Also makes it easier to play the occasional weird formation, like Sunday's 3-5-2 if we are going to use three CBs.

It all makes sense.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Think Salah is the best RW in the World. He's just as much a creator these days, but still a very good goalscorer. Don't think they'll be able to replace him with anyone close to being as good as him.

I think he has started to decline a bit. More of a creator and less a dribbler. I can't say who is better right winger to be fair, seems most highly rated ones are LW.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Extremely difficult to find the next Salah. 

He's 31, they'll have to find the next one at some point regardless. They had to do the same with Mane, you have to keep evolving, and Liverpool might be thinking of maximising his transfer fee while they still can.

Yes we saw how good he still is, but at that age all clubs have to keep one eye on the future.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's 31, they'll have to find the next one at some point regardless. They had to do the same with Mane, you have to keep evolving, and Liverpool might be thinking of maximising his transfer fee while they still can.

Yes we saw how good he still is, but at that age all clubs have to keep one eye on the future.

They really need to finish in the top 4 this season mind. But I guess selling Salah fills the gap anyway. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

50% sell on fee, city are playing FM :lol:

I want smaller clubs to find a way around these. 

I'm sure we'll be on it too. But I despise sell-on clauses, they should be banned if being used by a bigger club. For big clubs it's just "we can't be arsed to develop this player, so you have him.. and if it works we'll get more money when he's sold and if it doesn't... oh well we've already sold him".

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm sure we'll be on it too. But I despise sell-on clauses, they should be banned if being used by a bigger club. For big clubs it's just "we can't be arsed to develop this player, so you have him.. and if it works we'll get more money when he's sold and if it doesn't... oh well we've already sold him".

I agree - if it’s not from their own academy - I mean if it’s not a Longstaff/Carroll who are the club through and through then there should be no sell on fee imo

Just now, Mikky said:

I agree - if it’s not from their own academy - I mean if it’s not a Longstaff/Carroll who are the club through and through then there should be no sell on fee imo

Even then.... Chelsea & City have the best academies in the country. They just sell those lads on for big fees + sell-on clauses. Chelsea got £10m for Livra from Soton.. then what another £10m when we bought him? 

51 minutes ago, brummie said:

He's not awful. He's also very good on the ball and with the passing forward, which is what UE loves.

Emery killing two birds with one stone. Mings out for the season probably. We also need another option at RB, which is where he sometimes uses Konsa. Only now, given we are a CB down, that is riskier. So bringing in Lenglet for the season makes it easier for him to push Konsa to right back, which means we don't have to buy another dedicated RB.

Also makes it easier to play the occasional weird formation, like Sunday's 3-5-2 if we are going to use three CBs.

It all makes sense.

I’d say he’s comparable to Pau Torres. He’s very good on the ball, but his physicality is lacking and that’s always going to be a problem in the Premier League.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nothing encourages hoarding potential talent more than these sell on fees. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

He's going to be special and he's already good. People act like he scored twice last season. He scored 15 goals for them. :lol:

Think he attacks the ball too hard if that makes sense. Perfect for his goals Sunday running on, not so much when you need a cool head. He will score lots, especially if they sell salah and use that to get defenders. Pretty good options up front

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

It was the assorted football media’s insistence on comparing him directly with Haaland which has led to the idea he’s not very good. He’s not an elite striker but could be one in time. 

Nunez' non-penalty xG+xA per 90 numbers were ridiculous last season. Once he starts to finish those chances he's instantly an elite striker and he did alright on Sunday. It's extremely lazy to call him bad or a flop, sadly. Wilson putting up a juicy number too. 

npxgxa.thumb.PNG.d8cb84c61b917f2d3da05020b89f9a48.PNG

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Nunes really hasn't done anything at Wolves to earn that move.

I don’t think it works like this in 2023, it’s all about potential these days and what a manager such as Pep sees, did Barnes do anything at Leicester to earn his move to Newcastle.

I like Nunez and he is great at creating havoc and shoots a lot, those are definites. We'll have to see whether they consistently turn into goals against PL goalkeepers. Welbeck is above Kane in that list, but only because it uses xG. Wellbeck has significantly underperformed xG his entire career (i.e., is not a good finisher). Sunday aside, Nunez has not been a good finisher so far.

Harvey Barnes put up big numbers at Leicester and easily deserves to play in the Champions League. Maddison may have been a more attractive signing, but all reporting points to Spurs paying him 170k and we can't afford that.

13 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

I don’t think it works like this in 2023, it’s all about potential these days and what a manager such as Pep sees, did Barnes do anything at Leicester to earn his move to Newcastle.

Yeah scored loads of goals for them

14 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Erm, yeah

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

I know it’s fashionable to think Nuñez is shit, but I really do think he’s going to be outrageously good for them. He’s got 20+ goals/season potential.

I said in the match thread I was scared when I saw him coming on. The touch and finish from last season’s game told me everything I needed to know about the Nunez.