Other clubs' transfers

Greg

23 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Wonder if that will cause any unrest behind-the-scenes for players like Mitoma etc.

They didn't pay a transfer fee for him as he is just on loan.

They're just covering his wages for the year.

So don't think this can be seen as Brighton paying higher wages than we do, or it being a situation that would cause unrest either.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Cucurella deal could be off because Chelsea played him yesterday and we apparently found that disrespectful. What the fuck. :lol: I'll genuinely laugh if that's true.

Looking at Reguilon now.

"How dare you play your own player !!" 

12 hours ago, Maineblue said:

If Cole Palmer doesn’t want to be at City what can the club do, hold him hostage ?

It has nothing to do with selling young talent to fund shiny new players, your way off with your analysis.

I think you've taken it as a dig at City, but it's not. 

You've operated with a strategy that delivered a treble. You've won the game. Within that, I've noticed you've started to ship out more and more academy players on big deals. Gyabi, Lavia, Edozie, Larios, Charles, Trafford, Borges, and now Palmer as the biggest of the lot. That's just in two summer windows. Maybe it's more indicative of a world class academy, but it also feels like you've made clear decisions this is not someone you think is worth developing further. 

Chelsea have tried to do similar but there's is more a course correction from reckless spending elsewhere. My point is, and still remains, that it is more beneficial for a club like City to sell an academy player for 30m to Chelsea than it is someone they bought for 5m. FFP has incentivized exporting academy players when it should be the opposite. 

Edited by Viana