Other clubs' transfers

Greg

19 hours ago, brummie said:

I think we’ll sell Douglas Luiz. He’s a very good player but was well off it most of the second half season (strangely coinciding with when he got back together with that Alicia Lehmann). 

What makes me think we’ll sell him in particular is his original transfer fee will be fully amortised so he’s pure profit. Move him on for 60m+ and that gives us plenty of PSR room to work in. 

We’ll have Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Kamara back from long term injury, plus will have shifted Lenglet, Zaniolo and Coutinho off the wage bill. 

This is why we brought Monchi in, work within the FFP rules and engage in ducking and diving, spending as little as possible to add depth. 

This also shows why Barkley for almost nothing would be a very good signing. 

This not how amortisation works. He'll still have a small amount left. The amortization is extended with every contract extension. So KDB still has a small amortization cost to Man City.

But you're right it's a good idea to sell him from an FFP perspective. 60m would be fantastic business. He's one who would expect megabucks to extend too.

Fuck this nonsense man. If a transfer like that goes through then tear the whole FFP and PSR shite to pieces. It’s an utter farce already but that would be a complete fucking joke. Getting massively fed up with football off the field, there’s not a single good thing happening off the field, it’s all gone to shit 

6 minutes ago, King Billy said:

That's utter nonsense. :lol:

It better be a wind up King Billy otherwise I’m going to smash something. When’s Froggy coming back?

Just now, gbandit said:

It better be a wind up King Billy otherwise I’m going to smash something. 

I know the Saudi's make some questionable purchases when it comes to football players and clubs, but why would they pay more than we paid. :lol:

If there is truth behind it, I can only assume that's the total package including wages. If we got £30m for him we'd be buzzing.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

When’s Froggy coming back?

@Yorkie this is too confusing for the people. Bring Froggy home.

20 minutes ago, Slim said:

Fair market value smashed.

Fair market value only applies to related party transactions. If the saudis were to pay those daft sums then that would be the market price, laughable I know. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Fair market value only applies to related party transactions. If the saudis were to pay those daft sums then that would be the market price, laughable I know. 

We should have sold Ritchie to them for £50m... 🤣

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That must raise the fair market value for any transfer though. If we want to sell Murphy for £50m we can just say "well Casemiro cost 80".

It doesn’t I’m afraid and remember the rule was tightened so you actually have to prove it’s market value now and no the PL prove it. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It doesn’t I’m afraid and remember the rule was tightened so you actually have to prove it’s market value now and no the PL prove it. 

Why doesn't it? The market value of a thing is what someone might pay for it, no?

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

So no chance of the Casemiro deal going through then, as there is no way he is worth 77-80m.

Unless the PL is corrupt..

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why doesn't it? The market value of a thing is what someone might pay for it, no?

Yeah but Newcastle.

The fair market and having to prove it is fair market value is related more to sponsors isn't it?

When it comes to transfers surely proving a transfer fee wouldn't take a great deal of effort

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'll happily wager he doesn't go for anywhere near that.

He won’t :lol: but the rules are pretty clear. 

Nothing to stop him going for that amount as it wouldn’t be a related party transaction. 

Like Froggy says, he shouldn’t be going for anything close to £30m, if he was going to another European club I don’t think he’d go for over £10m

He won’t go for that, but I’ve seen links for £30m in recent months, which would also be absurd. Perhaps that number is being put out there to make £30m look reasonable.

1 hour ago, Joe1984 said:

So no chance of the Casemiro deal going through then, as there is no way he is worth 77-80m.

No, it's only us that can't sell at those prices, as we'd be a related party. Anyone else can sell at whatever they like, without having to prove it.

56 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The fair market and having to prove it is fair market value is related more to sponsors isn't it?

When it comes to transfers surely proving a transfer fee wouldn't take a great deal of effort

It's for any transaction including player sales and purchases, I believe, not just sponsors.

Anyway, like millions of others, I'd certainly be looking for a pro league subscription to watch Casemiro hobble around the pitch, so that move would definitely make sense.

6 minutes ago, Abacus said:

It's for any transaction including player sales and purchases, I believe, not just sponsors.

Anyway, like millions of others, I'd certainly be looking for a pro league subscription to watch Casemiro hobble around the pitch, so that move would definitely make sense.

Fair enough

Just goes to show how absurd the entire thing is

I also get why PIF will focus on the Saudi league but would like Yasir to get involved and stop clubs from bailing out Premier League clubs and their flop signings

54 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Like Froggy says, he shouldn’t be going for anything close to £30m, if he was going to another European club I don’t think he’d go for over £10m

With his wages I’d imagine it even have to be a free or nominal fee.