Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest chopey

Chelsea reject £35mil bids from Barcelona and At.Madrid for Willian

Poor fella is destined for a life on the bench.

Wenger refused to change the wage structure and that led to them overpaying bad players who couldn't be sold, and underpaying good players who eventually wanted to leave to be paid better. Over time that resulted in a squad that didn't have enough top-end talent. If he had changed this structure, they would have been able to afford the top-end wages and would have attracted enough top-end talent to keep challenging. Now they've dropped far back from Man Utd's financial power because they haven't challenged for anything seriously in a long, long time. Wenger prioritized cohesion in the squad by making sure everyone was paid well, except that cohesion didn't lead to them winning anything.

I wouldn’t call 3 PL titles and 7 FA Cups “didn’t lead to them winning anything” like. He faded badly near the end obviously, but should be remembered as the brilliant manager he was.

He became more involved in the financial side over time because he won things and the board respected him. That's when things went awry for them. He should have just stuck to managing the team.

Wenger refused to change the wage structure and that led to them overpaying bad players who couldn't be sold, and underpaying good players who eventually wanted to leave to be paid better. Over time that resulted in a squad that didn't have enough top-end talent. If he had changed this structure, they would have been able to afford the top-end wages and would have attracted enough top-end talent to keep challenging. Now they've dropped far back from Man Utd's financial power because they haven't challenged for anything seriously in a long, long time. Wenger prioritized cohesion in the squad by making sure everyone was paid well, except that cohesion didn't lead to them winning anything.

I wouldn’t call 3 PL titles and 7 FA Cups “didn’t lead to them winning anything” like. He faded badly near the end obviously, but should be remembered as the brilliant manager he was.

He became more involved in the financial side over time because he won things and the board respected him. That's when things went awry for them. He should have just stuck to managing the team.

And building a good defence something he failed to do for his last 15 years.

Atletico Madrid are getting Diego Llorente as a replacement for £40 million. Its a shame they are getting torn apart like this, but I think they needed to refresh the squad anyway. Its probably why Simeone decided to sign a new contract to give the club some stability. I wish they signed Dybala instead of Feliex I think that would have been a smart transfer.

Atletico Madrid are getting Diego Llorente as a replacement for £40 million. Its a shame they are getting torn apart like this, but I think they needed to refresh the squad anyway. Its probably why Simeone decided to sign a new contract to give the club some stability. I wish they signed Dybala instead of Feliex I think that would have been a smart transfer.

You mean Marcos :thup:

Very good business/trading by them.

Guest chopey

They're raising loads from Lucas, Griezmann and Rodri, it'll be very interesting to see if they re-build a similar side or try some evolution.

Who has the rights to La Liga next season ?

They can't sign anyone, are changing manager, and Hazard is gonezo, he'll get some time.

Got Pulisic for next season remember, bought him and loaned him back to Dortmund last season. I'd say he'll be Hazard replacement eventually.

They're raising loads from Lucas, Griezmann and Rodri, it'll be very interesting to see if they re-build a similar side or try some evolution.

How did they pay for their new stadium? Weren't they were in dire financial trouble at one point and the construction was held up for years - will they pull a Spurs/Arsenal and re-prioritise funds to pay off that instead?

Guest covmag

The transfer fees are mental now mind

Any half decent player is £50 million.

Imagine Ashley's face

Guest chopey

Imagine Ashley's face

He loves it cos he can buy cheap and sell high, when you own a club and your priority is to make money the price of players to improve you means nothing cos for every £75 million Van Dijk you have a £2.5 million Fabion Schar.

Imagine Ashley's face

Feels like there's so little value in the transfer market now.

Guess it shows how well we did last summer