Other clubs' transfers

Greg

suppose it's one for Village Idiot[/member] really but are the Barca board going to come close to clearing that massive hole in the finances?  they're moving some players but bringing others in it seems, can't be making that much of a dent surely

They had a perfect chance to shift 1m plus a week off the wage bill tbf

suppose it's one for Village Idiot[/member] really but are the Barca board going to come close to clearing that massive hole in the finances?  they're moving some players but bringing others in it seems, can't be making that much of a dent surely

We've moved on Vidal, Semedo, Rakitic and Suárez (we're still paying part of his wages this season, but still big savings), while only bringing in Dest. The savings in wages are massive. People are still projecting a €100m hole this season, mind. Having 0 matchday revenue is a huge hit.

Didn’t realise Vidal went to Inter

Conte loves an old player past his heyday.

Their who transfer policy is really bizarre - don’t actually think they know what they are doing - just stockpiling players

Didn’t realise Vidal went to Inter

Conte loves an old player past his heyday.

Their who transfer policy is really bizarre - don’t actually think they know what they are doing - just stockpiling players

Its always been like this at Inter, at one point every week i used to look at their formation and find one new player who i didn't realize plays for them now.

In most cases they at least haven't been handing out long contracts, though. Young only got 6 months plus option for a further year, Kolarov is a 1 year plus an option too. Giving 3 years to Vidal and Sanchez is where I think they've gone a year too long.

The kind of signings he's made makes you think he's massively just in it for a short term project, but then he's also been pretty committed to playing both Barella and Bastoni over more experienced players.

In most cases they at least haven't been handing out long contracts, though. Young only got 6 months plus option for a further year, Kolarov is a 1 year plus an option too. Giving 3 years to Vidal and Sanchez is where I think they've gone a year too long.

The kind of signings he's made makes you think he's massively just in it for a short term project, but then he's also been pretty committed to playing both Barella and Bastoni over more experienced players.

Signing Sanchez was a bizarre move unless there’s some brown paper envelopes being exchanged. He absolutely finished

Signing Sanchez was a bizarre move unless there’s some brown paper envelopes being exchanged. He absolutely finished

Perhaps, but I think it’s more likely he just needed some rest. Between club and country he’s played year-round football for like the past 5 years. Only 31, he could easily bounce back in a slower league like Serie A.

He's really not, he's generally played well for Inter

If you were Aston Villa would you rather have Barkley or Loftus Cheek on loan?

Barkley for me

Are they linked with them both? Guess that's the Lampard-Terry connection at work?

Aye sky are saying they want both on loan but obviously they can't so may have to pick one or the other