Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They already made a massive loss before buying more galatico last summer. Can we just toss FFP in the bin where it belongs and let us get on with it. 

You mean PSG I assume with all their free transfers last season?

Real's finances are fine, their net spent over last 10 seasons is 180m euros.

Edited by neesy111

£4m a month??

That's a lot of sherbet dabs and cola bottles.

I'm kind of glad we're not in that territory of spend. I would become a monster on those sort of wages.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This is without taking into account the massively inflated sponsorships as well. Too bad the genuineness at the premier league thought  it would be a good idea to tilt the rules the in the European elites favour. 

The funny thing is, I think PSG has suffered for it, as they've just completely overdone things with the types of players they've brought in, and with them all being on high wages, it's seems to have affected their motivation and desire, also not helped by the league not really being that challenging.

I'd have been sick if after the takeover Newcastle went down a route even a little bit like what they've done. I think it's the absolute worst. 

£4M a month is fair considering how short footballers careers are.

He's what 23? Say he's injury free and goes on for another 10 years minium at £4M a month. 

That's £480M. Factor what he's already worth, bonuses and sponsorships. That probably takes him close to £1B.

Bloke hasn't got a pot to piss in.  

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The funny thing is, I think PSG has suffered for it, as they've just completely overdone things with the types of players they've brought in, and with them all being on high wages, it's seems to have affected their motivation and desire, also not helped by the league not really being that challenging.

I'd have been sick if after the takeover Newcastle went down a route even a little bit like what they've done. I think it's the absolute worst. 

They haven’t though have they? Yeah they are struggling to win the champions league but without the billions spent they would be nowhere and not offering Mbappe 100m a year. 

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He can get an incredible offer elsewhere still and actually go and challenge himself a bit.

My God man, he's hardly going to end up eating out of bins elsewhere.

It would be pathetic to stay in that league and continue to fart about with Neymar and whichever ridiculous person they bring in next, probably Pogba. Awful.

I could take a job and get paid 10% less and I wouldn't end up eating out of bins.

I would still never consider it.

In what other walks of life do people got discouraged from maximising their earning potential?

I still hope he would move but I understand if he chose to take that offer. PSG is a competitive team in Europe, home town comforts. It's not like he would be choosing to stay at a club in Saudi Arabia.

Find the moral high-ground about footballers taking the money weird. I expect he'll leave too anyway, his heart is set and PSG are dysfunctional.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I could take a job and get paid 10% less and I wouldn't end up eating out of bins.

I would still never consider it.

In what other walks of life do people got discouraged from maximising their earning potential?

I still hope he would move but I understand if he chose to take that offer. PSG is a competitive team in Europe, home town comforts. It's not like he would be choosing to stay at a club in Saudi Arabia.

Find the moral high-ground about footballers taking the money weird. I expect he'll leave too anyway, his heart is set and PSG are dysfunctional.

There comes a point where your quality of life won’t change an iota, whether you stay on £1m a week, or move for ‘only’ £750kpw. In that case, a football fan/player would expect to move to maximise his chances of sporting success, as the salary is clearly a secondary issue. When he retires, will it matter if he has £500m in the bank or £800m? Nah. Will it matter if he has £500m and some CL medals, or ‘just’ the £800m? Yeah, I’d say so. What difference does that extra money bring? 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

PSG have a decent chance of winning the CL though. And their finances are stronger than Real's to continue and build on their success. 

Not this year, they can’t. Real can. And I’d put money on Real going further than PSG next year too. They’re a headcase of a club man. 

Plenty of people take a pay cut for numerous reasons. For an easier commute, to live somewhere more interesting, for better working hours and holidays, to do a different kind of work, to work on more a interesting projects in the same sphere, because they think it will lead to better long term options etc. There is literally endless reasons and I know people who have done it - and many more again who have turned down pay rises because it wasn't worth it l 

That's in normal jobs with normal pressures and life struggles. At that level of football you're literally so wealthy already that you actually have complete freedom to choose a career path you want, live where you want and build a legacy you want to leave without even having to think about finances.

Edited by ponsaelius

50 minutes ago, TBG said:

£4M a month is fair considering how short footballers careers are.

He's what 23? Say he's injury free and goes on for another 10 years minium at £4M a month. 

That's £480M. Factor what he's already worth, bonuses and sponsorships. That probably takes him close to £1B.

Bloke hasn't got a pot to piss in.  

And that's before you factor in the cost of living crisis.

28 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Plenty of people take a pay cut for numerous reasons. For an easier commute, to live somewhere more interesting, for better working hours and holidays, to do a different kind of work, to work on more a interesting projects in the same sphere, because they think it will lead to better long term options etc. There is literally endless reasons and I know people who have done it - and many more again who have turned down pay rises because it wasn't worth it l 

That's in normal jobs with normal pressures and life struggles. At that level of football you're literally so wealthy already that you actually have complete freedom to choose a career path you want, live where you want and build a legacy you want to leave without even having to think about finances.

Have you wilfully taken a pay cut?

:lol: Do you honestly think that people flat out don't take pay cuts?

I can't answer for Sewelley, but I can answer with a yes for myself and I know plenty of people who've done the same. That's before getting onto things like parents taking 0.8 contracts so they can spend time with their children, which they unsurprisingly value more than money. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Have you wilfully taken a pay cut?

I know I'm not part of your discussions, but I done just that to have a better home life.

Thankfully I'm now paid more and still have my good home life!

I'm 29 and my career up until now has generally been upwards financially - although I have turned down job offers because the increase in pay wasn't enough to justify the poorer work life balance.

I know absolutely loads of people who have taken pay cuts though. Even in my office there is people who left other roles elsewhere for less pay but better work-life balance. I have a close friend who literally left the job I do now, taking a financial hit, to pursue his own business full time.

I'm amazed somebody would think it literally doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

PSG have a decent chance of winning the CL though. And their finances are stronger than Real's to continue and build on their success. 

They will never win the Champions League as currently constructed. 

The switch from the level of challenge they face in their league to what they encounter in the latter stages of the Champions league is too stark.

And they are overloaded with a bunch of players that are way too comfortable and quite frankly all think they are above being coached or managed, and so will continue running off any manager that goes there.