Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Haaland is my favourite player to watch. An absolute specimen, not sure I've ever seen a player with his physical quality. Honestly can't wait to see him in the PL but at the end of the day it's kind of revolting.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder how much of a pay cut he’s taken? I’m guessing he’ll be on £100-150k a week?

Villa are currently paying around £125k pw at the moment whilst he’s on loan. He’s supposedly on between £380-480k pw at Barca…crazy money- no wonder their finances are fucked. 

https://www.football365.com/news/coutinho-wage-cut-gerrard-eyes-33m-deal-barcelona

No idea if he'll "flop" (my guess is he'll score a boatload) but at around 51m, there's almost no risk really. I'd guess even if he doesn't quite fit in with their style or meet expectations there, they'd get their money back from someone. I mean he's an instinctive finisher, fast and physical and probably good enough for most leagues, even if it turns out, not quite PL perfect. Also, didn't realize Haaland is still only 21. Jeez, bloke is still 5 or 6 years from his peak :lol:

57 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What an absolute bargain that is. 

He's tired a bit in recent games, but he's clearly on an absolute other level skill-wise to the rest of the squad.

I love watching him. After ten years of Lambert, Sherwood, fucking Bruce-ball, and some of the utter dross we've had in that time, this bloke is a magician.

Edited by brummie

1 hour ago, brummie said:

He's tired a bit in recent games, but he's clearly on an absolute other level skill-wise to the rest of the squad.

I love watching him. After ten years of Lambert, Sherwood, fucking Bruce-ball, and some of the utter dross we've had in that time, this bloke is a magician.

for £17m you can’t go wrong - his wages will be big hence the somewhat smallish fee - think Barca are so desperate now to offload him 

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

After a bright start, hasn't he been pretty average the last few games? @brummiewill know better, but feel like he hasn't done much lately. 

Whole team was tired and out of ideas for 4 games or so, and he was no exception.

I love him, I'll be gutted if we don't sign him, he's genuinely exciting to watch.

2 hours ago, brummie said:

What sort of wage will he be on?

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

What sort of wage will he be on?

Nowhere near what he was on at Barcelona, but tbh, I don't care.

Years and years of the football equivalent of having cold dog sick sprayed into my eyes week after week, I don't care, the owners seem to have a ton of money and are happy to spend it, so if they think the deal is good financially, I'll happily go with that.

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

Dortmund are so good at setting up that conveyor belt of talent.

Fantastic replacement. Love Adeyemi's potential. Great move for him. 

9 hours ago, brummie said:

Years and years of the football equivalent of having cold dog sick sprayed into my eyes week after week, I don't care, the owners seem to have a ton of money and are happy to spend it, so if they think the deal is good financially, I'll happily go with that.

Sentiments like this always end well.

23 hours ago, brummie said:

You seem to forget what football club this forum is for. 14 years of Mike Ashley says hello to you.