Other clubs' transfers

Greg

They'll have a strong side next season, good luck to them. I was at Villa Park in 09 when we were relegated, but I'm over it now in terms of their reaction. Let bygones be bygones now we're both on an upward trajectory.

Just now, ElDiablo said:

They'll have a strong side next season, good luck to them. I was at Villa Park in 09 when we were relegated, but I'm over it now in terms of their reaction. Let bygones be bygones now we're both on an upward trajectory.

Fuck that I wish nothing but failure for those cunts. Fuck them.

Wasnt arsed about Diego Carlos either. Rather Botman.

6 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Very impressed with how early Villa are getting their transfer business done 

Gerrard said before the end of the season that we were already well into discussions with clubs around targets and that he wanted them all in before pre season. 

Wasn’t expecting it this quickly. 

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Are these deals getting done so quickly because we’re starting the season earlier?

No they are just getting deals all sorted / very early ….as all ambitious / well prepared clubs should 

great 3 early signings - fair play 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m absolutely delighted we aren’t getting Carlos. Not being bitter at Villa, I didn’t want him in January either 

Guarantee if we had signed Coutinho, Kamara and Carlos before the window had opened ….you would be creaming your pants  

infact we all would 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m absolutely delighted we aren’t getting Carlos. Not being bitter at Villa, I didn’t want him in January either 

I really liked Carlos, very fast and physical. He might be 30 but he'll give them three very good years IMO.

I’m a bit jealous at the movement by Villa. Nice stuff @brummie 

If Carlos was younger I’d be a bit more upset but I’m hopeful we sign our long term CB this summer to play with Burn or Schar and I’d be hyped if that was Botman - one who seemingly the club think is the club captain of the future. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Fuck that I wish nothing but failure for those cunts. Fuck them.

Wasnt arsed about Diego Carlos either. Rather Botman.

Lots of water under the bridge since then including a few humblings for both sets of fans. But fair enough.

I'd love for us and Villa to gatecrash the top 6 in the coming years. Time for some new blood.

We will be doing a fair amount of selling this window. 

Luiz will go (which I am fine with, I really don’t get what people see in him). Traore, Trezeguet, Wesley (the only Brazilian male in the world with no innate football ability), Targett, El Ghazi, one of Watkins or Ings, Guilbert and I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Mings sold. 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Guarantee if we had signed Coutinho, Kamara and Carlos before the window had opened ….you would be creaming your pants  

infact we all would 

I'm jealous of Kamara, but not too fussed about Carlos. Coutinho was very hit and miss for them last season too.

They've definetly improved their side though, Gerrard needs to make it work.

Just now, ElDiablo said:

Lots of water under the bridge since then including a few humblings for both sets of fans. But fair enough.

I'd love for us and Villa to gatecrash the top 6 in the coming years. Time for some new blood.

I'd love to see us gatecrash the top 6. I'd prefer to see Villa just crash tbh, not gonna lie.

Fair play to Villa and @brummie. I have no ill will towards any other PL club who are willing to have some ambition and try to knock down the so called "big six".

Villa have a better squad than Arsenal, in my book, or at least comparable. With that comes pressure but in reality, if Gerrard doesn't work, they can always look to someone more proven. 

Hopefully they won't be the only ones making waves in this transfer window. Brummie what does your starting 11 look like now?

4 hours ago, macphisto said:

There's an unhealthy obsession on this board with Everton and their failures. That's one club who has messed up whilst ignoring countless examples of successful clubs who have done it by spending money.

Got any examples of that? Literally nobody afaik says we shouldn't spend money on new players. It's usually a discussion around the worth of a proposed/linked player compared to what people believe we will get in return, longevity and potential re-sale value of the player.

Edited by Conjo