Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

Morata has had a superb career for someone who is incredibly average.

Just unbelievable how poor his goal record is for someone who has bounced around Europe's elite for the last 10 years. He gets to 10+ goals a season less often than Chris Wood.

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Just unbelievable how poor his goal record is for someone who has bounced around Europe's elite for the last 10 years. He gets to 10+ goals a season less often than Chris Wood.

Eh? Morata’s got 10+ pretty much every season at every club he’s been to?  

34 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Eh? Morata’s got 10+ pretty much every season at every club he’s been to?  

Not in the league he doesn't, and when he does he scrapes in with 11 or 12. 15 domestic goals the most he's ever scored. 

Screenshot 2022-05-27 09.41.32.png

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Not in the league he doesn't, and when he does he scrapes in with 11 or 12. 15 domestic goals the most he's ever scored. 

Screenshot 2022-05-27 09.41.32.png

Ah- I was going off his total which include Champion League games (which I guess Wood has never played in.) 181 goals in 496 games for Morata at the highest levels, 156 goals in 477 for Wood. I know which I’d prefer and think is the better goal scorer. 

Morata is basically OK at lots of things though. Good footballer, can play on his own or in a two, works hard, can come short and go in behind. And he does generally score 1 in 3 if he plays regularly.

There's a lot to be said for that and you can see why managers keep signing him. It's interesting to compare him to somebody like Lukaku for example who can be an absolute force of nature in the right team and system, but is much more prone to bouts of dreadful form and struggles to play on his own up top. And is really not much of a bench option at all.

Edited by ponsaelius

Villa are taking a big gamble, if they get top 4 it will pay off but that’s a massive stretch. Coutinho went missing for large spells last season, you could hardly say it was a success.. and Kamara, there has to be a reason none of the big clubs were in for him.

In fact, any of these names which we’d expect to be in for, Bissouma for example.. if we’re not, I’d imagine it’s because Dan Ashworth advised us not to, which would tell it’s own story.

My God man ... surely Arsenal aren't going to sign Morata :lol:

The guy can be so incredibly frustrating, which is probably not the profile of striker you want to sign for Arsenal, who are already an incredibly frustrating team. The fans are going to keel over next season man :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Kamara, there has to be a reason none of the big clubs were in for him.

Thank god not every player goes to Manju and Liverpoool. You could say the same about Bruno. Going to a relegation team. Crazy stuff basicallly.

The 'here we go' craic is excruciatingly tiresome. We get it, you want your own catchphrase, but you don't have to try and jam it in every post. 

Think he sits at a restaurant hurt been served 'here we go' or about to nail his wife 'here we go' or takes a shit etc....

Actually worse than Kammy shoe horning 'unbelievable jeff' any time they went to him, yet everything he said was so believable it wasn't even worth going to him in the first place. 

Edited by Dokko

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

The 'here we go' craic is excruciating tiresome. We get it, you want your own catchphrase, but you don't have to try and jam it in every post. 

Think he sits at a restaurant hurt been served 'here we go' or about to nail his wife 'here we go' or takes a shit etc....

Actually worse than jammy shoe horning 'unbelievable jeff' any time they went to him, yet everything he said was so believable it wasn't even worth going to him in the first place. 

Aye.

Even worse considering he’s a total tap-in merchant who either hedges his bets or recycles other tweets.