Other clubs' transfers

Greg

13 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

He got MOTM in the Fa cup final 

This was baffling because he was so poor with his final shot/cross/pass in the final third :lol:  6 shots and only hit the target once.

Honestly haven't seen enough in Diaz yet to say he is a locked in Mane replacement.

Edited by David Edgar

3 hours ago, David Edgar said:

This was baffling because he was so poor with his final shot/cross/pass in the final third :lol:  6 shots and only hit the target once.

Honestly haven't seen enough in Diaz yet to say he is a locked in Mane replacement.

Is he asthmatic yet though? Little boost just around the corner? 

4 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

His hype has been insane. Two or three games in commentators were jizzing that he looked like he'd been there for years. He's good, but come on...

He is that good tbf. Anyone that has watched Liverpool consistently since he's arrived can't say anything other than he looks the real deal. A lot of people were slating Thiago as well for a few poor games in the beginning. Diaz has been a bit inconsistent towards the end here, just like the rest of the team, but he's shown that he's an excellent footballer and Liverpool seem to have found a perfect player to take over from Sadio Mané (despite Mané being excellent for the last few months). 

On 24/05/2022 at 17:47, STM said:

Villa showing some serious ambition.

It's a shame they are wasting it on Gerrard mind.

Seems intent on recruiting former colleague - I read about him being after Suarez. He’s doing a dogleash. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Plenty players wising up to Man United being career suicide, although money talks at the end of the day. 

This made me think, who was the last player to enhance their career through playing at man united? 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think, at his best, he's a great player, but we haven't really seen him at his best in the Premiership. It looks like he'll return to Italy, where he'll thrive again.

A big mistake on Man U's part to get him back.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

154 league games with 29 league goals in the last 6 years. On a basic contract of £290kpw, that averages £588k per game. Scandalous waste of £90m salary as well as his £90m+ transfer fee. 

(226 games, 39 goals total for the 6 year period, which averages over £400k per game played). 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He was brilliant for France when they won the WC and at Juve.

I'll be honest I didn't watch him much at Juve, so I'll give you that. The league is definitely the slowest of all the top leagues so I can see it.

As for France ... I think they overwhelm teams due to the plethora of talent they have on a whole that they can throw at you. One of them is always going to end up doing something special. However, they don't really control games convincingly, and Pogba should be at the heart of doing just that.

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, Flip said:

He is that good tbf. Anyone that has watched Liverpool consistently since he's arrived can't say anything other than he looks the real deal. A lot of people were slating Thiago as well for a few poor games in the beginning. Diaz has been a bit inconsistent towards the end here, just like the rest of the team, but he's shown that he's an excellent footballer and Liverpool seem to have found a perfect player to take over from Sadio Mané (despite Mané being excellent for the last few months). 

There has been a bit of hype, but for me watching him it’s more about how he seems the perfect already made fit for that side and how they play. 

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Think he needs a more suitable mid around him, as that’s just his play style. For France he has Kante, at Juve he had Pirlo. At man United he’s had Scott McTominay and Fred. 

He has that leadership quality in him:

Yeah, I'd say he definitely appears to need a lot of other really good players around him.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah which is certainly a bit of a knock on him, but I do think in the right situation he can be one of the best midfielders in the world. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any player that has got 4 assists in a game like Pogba did