Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 hours ago, Flip said:

Think he's been quite poor everytime I've seen him. How was he prior to joining Spurs?  

Decent, not great. He’s a great fit on the right of a front three for Holland though, and that is a position where we need reinforcements too.

7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Decent, not great. He’s a great fit on the right of a front three for Holland though, and that is a position where we need reinforcements too.

And just as I say that he scores a scorcher vs Belgium...

21 hours ago, KaKa said:

Nah, not at all. He's actually quite a good pro.

His body just failed him. Just had a succession of injuries all the time. Couldn't go a few games without breaking down.

Such a shame because he was absolutely top class when he could manage to get on the pitch.

re Sturridge - I can remember reading at the time that there was a suspicion at Liverpool that he wasn't the most resilient when it came to dealing with injuries. Over-reluctant to take any risks for the sake of the team, and rather self-protective.

There's a pattern to many players' careers whereby they reach a certain level, and then things become more challenging because opponents have sussed them out a bit.  I just wonder whether Sturridge had the appetite for that challenge. Sometimes it's about facing up to your limitations and making the best of things.

I think that's happening with Dele Alli.

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

re Sturridge - I can remember reading at the time that there was a suspicion at Liverpool that he wasn't the most resilient when it came to dealing with injuries. Over-reluctant to take any risks for the sake of the team, and rather self-protective.

There's a pattern to many players' careers whereby they reach a certain level, and then things become more challenging because opponents have sussed them out a bit.  I just wonder whether Sturridge had the appetite for that challenge. Sometimes it's about facing up to your limitations and making the best of things.

I think that's happening with Dele Alli.

I think Owen was the same as well. Psychologically broken from previous hamstring injuries as a result of being speed-based in his younger days. 

All I know is that his long passes out of defence are insane. I've said before in the Transfer Rumours thread - if we got him, we'd not need to upgrade on a keeper - just get Dubs to pass it to him for a quick long-pass turnover.