Other clubs' transfers

Greg

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

Why didn't he sell him earlier then? He's obviously still a top striker, he's only being let go now because Haaland is world class.

Because he's a useful squad player.

I think he's a good player and the fee seems decent too.. But if he scored 12 goals next season - I wouldn't be shocked. 12 (lower end) - 17 (upper end) is my expectation.

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Because he's a useful squad player.

I think he's a good player and the fee seems decent too.. But if he scored 12 goals next season - I wouldn't be shocked. 12 (lower end) - 17 (upper end) is my expectation.

17 would have made him the 4th top goalscorer last season. I reckon arsenal would be happy with that.

21 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

17 would have made him the 4th top goalscorer last season. I reckon arsenal would be happy with that.

They’d be well chuffed. Saka was their top scorer last season with 11. Even Leicester had two players who scored more.

If Gabriel Jesus scores 12 from open play next season he'll have been a success. If he's allowed to take over penalty duties and scores 17 I think Arsenal must be very happy. Will be interesting. Clearly very very talented, but completely stagnated after his first 18 months at Manchester City. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

DCL has scored more than 12 league goals from open play in 2 out of the last 3 seasons for a midtable side. Many here would scoff at paying £45m for him.

I just don't rate him, I think Wilson is twice as good and should be number 2 behind Kane in the England team.

20 minutes ago, Ben said:

I just don't rate him, I think Wilson is twice as good and should be number 2 behind Kane in the England team.

Hard to compare the 2 really as they are different types of strikers, Wilson is more effective in our side than DCL would be given our set up and some of the players we have.. ASM wouldnt be putting many crosses on DCLs head. Wood is much more comparable to DCL than Wilson and is the reason I dont think we will look at buying him seriously (along with the fee Everton would want).

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Flip said:

If Gabriel Jesus scores 12 from open play next season he'll have been a success. If he's allowed to take over penalty duties and scores 17 I think Arsenal must be very happy. Will be interesting. Clearly very very talented, but completely stagnated after his first 18 months at Manchester City. 

If he scores 12 goals and they fail to get Top Five then he’ll have been a failure tbh. For the wages he’s supposedly on too?

It’s not just about Jesus, it’s about opportunity cost. If Arsenal could have spent that money better elsewhere (fee and wages) - and I hope that’s the case - then it might not matter. If they spend all this money and then don’t get into the CL then I really don’t know where they go from here.

He’s 27 but only has 1 year left on his contract, England international, has been a great player for Man City. What do we think the fee will be? Given he has 1 year left I reckon it’ll be around the £50m mark, what do people think?

Just now, gbandit said:

He’s 27 but only has 1 year left on his contract, England international, has been a great player for Man City. What do we think the fee will be? Given he has 1 year left I reckon it’ll be around the £50m mark, what do people think?

They want 60 million supposedly 

Interesting, will be somewhere between 50-60 you’d imagine and that would be decent business from both sides I guess. I don’t think he’ll have a stellar career for Chelsea though, but I like the lad and hope he continues to do well for England 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I fucking hate Chelsea.

They're such a rank club, like. At least with Liverpool and City you can appreciate the style and the way they play football. Can honestly say I've never found Chelsea to be an even remotely decent side to watch - even when they were winning titles.

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Fulham have made a €10m offer to Wolfsburg for right-back Kevin Mbabu.

I loved young Kev. Still recall Sterling being subbed as he was getting nothing out of him and stopped trying to get past in the end.