Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Happy to see them investing tbh, beating City over 38 games will be incredibly difficult but they might have a legitimate chance in the CL.

Which we desperately need, tired of Madrid winning every year tbh :lol:

This isn’t a criticism, more of a question...why would any Newcastle fan want to see other premier league teams strengthen?

Liverpool may as well be in a different league to us

Happy to see them investing tbh, beating City over 38 games will be incredibly difficult but they might have a legitimate chance in the CL.

This isn’t a criticism, more of a question...why would any Newcastle fan want to see other premier league teams strengthen?

We still play them twice though. Or is it time to think like Ashley and Pardew and write those games off?

If we are not going to try I may as well hope the rest try and compete in the interest of seeing good football.

No point in worrying about that when Mike Ashley is the owner.

We still play them twice though. Or is it time to think like Ashley and Pardew and write those games off?

:thup:

The games against the top 6 who are supposedly in this "different league" to us we took 10 points from.

Because teams are strengthening doesn't mean we can't take points from them, we beat Man Yoo, Arsenal and Chelsea after all.

Because teams are strengthening doesn't mean we can't take points from them, we beat Man Yoo, Arsenal and Chelsea after all.

I find it hard to think that way. I’d rather every other team be shite given we never strengthen.

based on what we've seen so far from these liverpool signings i still don't think they have enough depth up front as stupid as that might sound on the surface

they've got the 3 obviously but everyone behind them isn't up to it, not close, maybe solanke but he's not shown it yet

so maybe they sign this fekir...is 4 players for 3 positions enough to get you through the whole season?  i have my doubts personally

based on what we've seen so far from these liverpool signings i still don't think they have enough depth up front as stupid as that might sound on the surface

they've got the 3 obviously but everyone behind them isn't up to it, not close, maybe solanke but he's not shown it yet

so maybe they sign this fekir...is 4 players for 3 positions enough to get you through the whole season?  i have my doubts personally

Fekir's more of a midfielder as well

Fekir's more of a midfielder as well

yeah this is what i mean, for them to really challenge on all fronts they'll need another player to replicate what salah/mane give them from the wings imo...pace and goals

if they manage to add everything they're talking about, and add that then yeah i can see them pushing, but the CL final was a perfect illustration that against better teams that system won't work without that threat from their wide forwards

Other clubs getting players in whilst we do nothing as usual.

Wonder if we will even break our transfer record this year.

How many other PL clubs have signed players already apart from Liverpool, Arsenal & Brighton?

edit: Leicester got some Portuguese guy too

Guest firetotheworks

4 teams have signed 1 player each. Chill man :lol:

If this was an eye in the storm of signing players you'd have a point.

4 teams have signed 1 player each. Chill man :lol:

If this was an eye in the storm of signing players you'd have a point.

:lol: The calm before the calm.

Yup. Can't believe our fans have such short memories.

Rafa had deals lined up before the transfer window opened last summer, and we did nothing. This was one of Rafa's main sticking points with the regime, that the signings should've concluded almost immediately so the new players had time to bed into the club's culture and Rafa's vision. Instead we all just waited. And waited. As we are now.