Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Don't think he'll mind too much and can't begrudge him of it. He's worked his way up from nowt, been a regular in the Premier League, won things...this is his chance to make some top dollar (in relation to what others of his ability are on I mean) for a couple of years and if he does get bored, he'll still get good offers in 2-3 years.

Don't think he'll mind too much and can't begrudge him of it. He's worked his way up from nowt, been a regular in the Premier League, won things...this is his chance to make some top dollar (in relation to what others of his ability are on I mean) for a couple of years and if he does get bored, he'll still get good offers in 2-3 years.

Aye.  Earn some major coin.  Fill out the medal cabinet.

Although I’m not looking forward to English clubs dominating the CL. 

Liverpool’s squad was already more expensive than Real’s. In a couple years they may end up significantly more expensive.

Is Liverpool's squad really more expensive than Real Madrid's? I asked on Saturday and didn't get a response

Although I’m not looking forward to English clubs dominating the CL. 

Liverpool’s squad was already more expensive than Real’s. In a couple years they may end up significantly more expensive.

Is Liverpool's squad really more expensive than Real Madrid's? I asked on Saturday and didn't get a response

Doubt it'll be far off. Particularly with Fabinho & Keita added on top. Those two plus van Dijk comes to around the same as Ronaldo & Bale combined. Without checking, I'd guess Liverpool have more in the £18-30m region?

This is the the best I can find https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41223990

If you add Van Dijk and take off Coutinho their squad is less than Real Madrid's but TCD has twice used it as a fact that Liverpool's squad is more expensive than Real Madrid which I don't think is true

"Financial underdog Liverpool vs big galactico Madrid? Not at all:" They have spend €125m more than Madrid in the last 5 years and have 3 academy players in the Squad (Madrid have 9). Their starting XI is also more expensive (should Bale not start).

That's not the definition of a squad if it conveniently misses out Ronaldo, Benzema etc because it was more than 5 years ago and Bale because he didn't start :lol:

TCD doesn't mention starting XI he mentions squad

I couldn’t find the page where I saw it. It was a small margin but one nonetheless. 

Joeyt’s link proves the point though. Coutinho cost €12m for Liverpool or so.  Van Dijk cost €100m (I guess).  That €80m would put Liverpool in the lead comfortably. 

Now I’m certain the Real wage bill could be much higher but the point stands based on that article. 

I couldn’t find the page where I saw it. It was a small margin but one nonetheless. 

Joeyt’s link proves the point though. Coutinho cost €12m for Liverpool or so.  Van Dijk cost €100m (I guess).  That €80m would put Liverpool in the lead comfortably. 

Now I’m certain the Real wage bill could be much higher but the point stands based on that article.

Going by transfer market, Madrid have spent roughly 931 million since 09/10 and Liverpool have spent about 860 million in that same period.

That's purely incoming fees paid. Including Fabinho and Naby for Liverpool and that Junior kid for Madrid.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/real-madrid/alletransfers/verein/418

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arsenal/alletransfers/verein/31

I have no idea why the link says Arsenal but it's for LFC.

And I've just realised Madrid is recorded in euros not pound sterling, so Liverpool will be higher after currency conversion?

I said current squad. Joeyt's has the current squad except for VVD (Keita & Fabinho too) which shows Liverpool's squad is more expensive.

Your stats would include the likes of Benteke, Morata (re-signed) and James who have been bought and sold within that time period or at least are not in the squad at all.