Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, gbandit said:

In fairness, not much yet but all the targets they’ve been linked with carry a big fee and although I’m sure they won’t land them all, I’m sure they’ll get some of them 

We'll see, I'm not convinced.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Anyone bought Ronaldo yet? Martial is clearly the next Henry. 

I have noticed how good he has been looking under the new manager in pre-season.

Would have loved it if we had nicked him off you when he opted for Sevilla instead. Can see him bouncing back in a big way this season.

1 hour ago, wormy said:

It's laughable watching people clutch their pearls around our takeover (financially speaking, not morally), while Chelsea and Barcelona continue to burn down any concept of there being 'financial fair play' in this sport.

Oh don’t worry, everyone hates them too :lol:

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Is this 120m payments they’ve defaulted on? If so they can issue winding up petitions no?

Big clubs can circumnavigate tragic financial circumstances. Liverpool did it when they dumped all the losses on their previous owners, and Chelsea have done the same. Barcelona will do it in their own sweet Spanish way.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Big clubs can circumnavigate tragic financial circumstances. Liverpool did it when they dumped all the losses on their previous owners, and Chelsea have done the same. Barcelona will do it in their own sweet Spanish way.

But in all of these cases the creditors were all paid no?

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

:lol:

Abramovich is the reason for it though. He rightfully held the bag. Also, I’m pretty sure he made a profit. 

Right. So Chelsea became a super club by themselves and Abramovich just leeched a profit?

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Right. So Chelsea became a super club by themselves and Abramovich just leeched a profit?

Your missing the point, ultimately if he sold the club for more than he put in plus what he paid he made a profit.  

his investment created a return. I haven’t done the maths but in pretty sure it was profitable 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Your missing the point, ultimately if he sold the club for more than he put in plus what he paid he made a profit.  

his investment created a return. I haven’t done the maths but in pretty sure it was profitable 

I was under the impression that he was still owed 1.6bn by Chelsea but he had no intention of asking for it to be repaid.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

30 million according to sky, seems  like a good deal tbh, he’s got huge potential 

I like Scamacca, he's got a great strike on him and scores all kinds of goals, but he's very unpolished. Sassuolo create a lot of chances for him and given his ball retention and hold up play leave a lot to be desired, I worry about him being isolated.

He's actually a player I was hoping we'd target, but I wouldn't want to pay much more than €25 million for him.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Yeah. But it means they have extra cash to play with (as already stated, the Europa league isn’t the best for cash income, no matter how far they went) instead of building their own place or renovating their last stadium. 

No its not CL rewards, but they did get half a Scamacca for the EL so its something.

32 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It was losing over £1m a week, I think? Their last accounts showed a £145m loss, despite winning the CL, and the accounts declared they were only able to keep going due to money being ploughed in directly by Abramovich via another company. He was losing money massively. The club was sold for more than he paid, yes, but overall he lost over a billion. 

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I like Scamacca, he's got a great strike on him and scores all kinds of goals, but he's very unpolished. Sassuolo create a lot of chances for him and given his ball retention and hold up play leave a lot to be desired, I worry about him being isolated.

He's actually a player I was hoping we'd target, but I wouldn't want to pay much more than €25 million for him.

As I said in the other thread it’s interesting because the athletic had named him as one of our top targets, if it’s 30 million then I would have thought we would have gone for him. Suggests we have other things lined up maybe 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

As I said in the other thread it’s interesting because the athletic had named him as one of our top targets, if it’s 30 million then I would have thought we would have gone for him. Suggests we have other things lined up maybe 

Yeah potentially. It also sounds like we're looking for someone who can play across the front line, rather than a centre forward.